PDA

View Full Version : Easton EA90 SL Wheelset?

Der_Kruscher
12-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Anyone out there have experience with the '07 Easton EA90 SL wheelset? I can get a killer deal on a set...about $100 less than an also incredible deal on a set of Mavic SL3's. I've had great luck with past Ksyrium wheelsets but I'm drawn to the Eastons for their weight and the fact that they're quite a bit less dough than the SL's. I'm pretty poor so I need bang for the buck in an all around wheel. I'm 145-150lbs and intend on using them for training and occasional racing. Thoughts?

DarrenCT
12-10-2007, 02:53 AM
i think team phonak used them so i bet they are not to shabby.

im sure you won't go wrong.

google easton ea90 sl wheelset review and see what comes up....

Michael Maddox
12-10-2007, 08:28 AM
I ride a pair as my primary set. Excellent build, no quality issues, and no maintenance issues as I've seen in the Mavic hubs.

They're not the lightest wheels in the world, but I really don't NEED the lightest wheels. There's always more room for improvement, so STRONG is my preference.

weatherman
12-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone out there have experience with the '07 Easton EA90 SL wheelset? I can get a killer deal on a set...about $100 less than an also incredible deal on a set of Mavic SL3's. I've had great luck with past Ksyrium wheelsets but I'm drawn to the Eastons for their weight and the fact that they're quite a bit less dough than the SL's. I'm pretty poor so I need bang for the buck in an all around wheel. I'm 145-150lbs and intend on using them for training and occasional racing. Thoughts?

I run them as my primary wheelset on my CX bike--so far they've been flawless through many training miles and 4 CX races this year. No wheel flex or issues whatsoever, even hard core abusing them offroad. I give them a thumbs up!

Then again, I've never had issues with the various sets of Mavics I've owned over the years either. Then again, I never raced them offroad. If you can get a good deal, no reason not to snap them up! :)

konstantkarma
12-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I have a set bought new last August. I rode them over about 500 miles in the Colorado mountains. They are built for heavier riders like me (185lbs), and I believe Easton has a lighter set that is similar in design. Mine are really nice, and they like to climb. They definitely feel stiffer than my old Bontrager RaceLite wheelset, and they look good. In general, quite pleased with them.