PDA

View Full Version : Those Iranian students are just so silly

roman meal
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
They finally are getting the idea of what it is like to live here in New Hampshire.
More power to em.

stevep
12-10-2007, 06:20 AM
roman meal, after a few waterboard sessions, now admits that he hates the campagnolo and would prefer shimano..

i never even knew about waterboarding before bush and the cronies got into office.
its an effective method of discussion. very convincing.

Too Tall
12-10-2007, 07:01 AM
RomanDewd. Love the MOTTO :) Tolerance has so many faces. Commitment + tolerance on a regional level is very impressive. Recently I look to , of all places , France:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950CE2D9103FF93AA15753C1A9629582 60

93legendti
12-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Hill Briefed on Waterboarding in 2002

In Meetings, Spy Panels' Chiefs Did Not Protest, Officials Say
By Joby Warrick and Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, December 9, 2007; A01

In September 2002, four members of Congress met in secret for a first look at a unique CIA program designed to wring vital information from reticent terrorism suspects in U.S. custody. For more than an hour, the bipartisan group, which included current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), was given a virtual tour of the CIA's overseas detention sites and the harsh techniques interrogators had devised to try to make their prisoners talk.

Among the techniques described, said two officials present, was waterboarding, a practice that years later would be condemned as torture by Democrats and some Republicans on Capitol Hill. But on that day, no objections were raised. Instead, at least two lawmakers in the room asked the CIA to push harder, two U.S. officials said.
"The briefer was specifically asked if the methods were tough enough," said a U.S. official who witnessed the exchange...

With one known exception, no formal objections were raised by the lawmakers briefed about the harsh methods during the two years in which waterboarding was employed, from 2002 to 2003, said Democrats and Republicans with direct knowledge of the matter. The lawmakers who held oversight roles during the period included Pelosi and Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) and Sens. Bob Graham (D-Fla.) and John D. Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.), as well as Rep. Porter J. Goss (R-Fla.) and Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/08/AR2007120801664.html?hpid=topnews

roman meal
12-10-2007, 01:47 PM
excellent article on the mosque, tt. thanks. I wasn't talking about waterboarding legendti, but you can argue with stevep in another thread, no, that's closed. Sorry.

Blue Jays
12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
No political commentary, but I like how they ran out of room when writing "Azad University Students" and had to carry the last "s" above! Classic.

roman meal
12-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Live Free!
Or
Die!

the two imperatives are a little different than

Live free, or die!

or

Live free or die.

But, I don't write in Arabic, so, I hand it to them, especially since the risks of being photographed with that sign are enormous.

93legendti
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
excellent article on the mosque, tt. thanks. I wasn't talking about waterboarding legendti, but you can argue with stevep in another thread, no, that's closed. Sorry.

I didn't think you were. iirc, I did not broach the subject.

fiamme red
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Live Free!
Or
Die!

the two imperatives are a little different than

Live free, or die!

or

Live free or die.

But, I don't write in Arabic, so, I hand it to them, especially since the risks of being photographed with that sign are enormous.Live_Free!

Or_Die!

Love,
Your_Friend!

rwsaunders
12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I didn't realize that the University had branch campuses all over the world. Hopefully they're students at Azad's Oxford campus, given the absence of Arabic on the sign.

Viper
12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Don't tread on me.

It's the same story

The crow told me.

Atmo.

Too Tall
12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Live_Free!

Or_Die!

Love,
Your_Friend!

(cough) Dear_Your_Friend might want to pull the shades eh?

Wizard of Oz: A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.