PDA

View Full Version : Any preferences on booties

Mud
12-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Just an offbeat question but would like to know what riders feel are worth the money.

coylifut
12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I have no less than 7 sets of shoe covers and these are by far the best for winter's worst riding.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/GORXZTPW

they come in an insulated and non insulated version. I like the insulated, but some like to put these over neoprine.

regularguy412
12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I like Hind neoprene booties. The material is not excessively thick, so it's easy to put on. The best part is that they have a velcro closure on the side. This eliminates a rear zipper. My old booties had a rear zip entry and it irritated my achilles if I didn't wear long socks and turn the top down around where the bootie met my leg above the ankle. They also appear to have kevlar woven into the heel area which helps resist premature wear when not on the bike. I bought mine last year at approx. $45.

Mike in AR

chrisroph
12-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I have no less than 7 sets of shoe covers and these are by far the best for winter's worst riding.

they come in an insulated and non insulated version. I like the insulated, but some like to put these over neoprine.

no question about it.

I like the non insulated in xl, which i put over various neoprenes depending on the temp.

bigtime
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. "Booties." Right.

Mud
12-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. "Booties." Right.

Beyonce?

DarrenCT
12-07-2007, 08:27 AM

gore also makes a pretty sweet long finger glove. whatever the heck they are doing, they are doing it well.

i may have to score some of those gore booties.

thx for the tip!

ThasFACE
12-07-2007, 08:49 AM

Better than the Assos Thermax?

1centaur
12-07-2007, 12:24 PM
FWIW I have Thermax booties and found Castelli neoprene booties to be warmer - one of the few Assos products I thought was no better than average.

swoop
12-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Jessica Beil and Capo are my two favorite booties.

DarrenCT
12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
FWIW I have Thermax booties and found Castelli neoprene booties to be warmer - one of the few Assos products I thought was no better than average.

+1

assos booties are kinda lame

saab2000
12-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Booties? round, firm (bounce a quarter firm), etc.

Shoe covers? wet'n sloppy? Look neoprene. For all other uses, Assos.

93legendti
12-07-2007, 08:00 PM
PI Toasters

DarrenCT
12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
PI Toasters

exactly what im using now. these things rule. zippers are ok quality but they are pretty thick and warm.

labratmatt
12-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I have the Giordana booties made of neoprene. Really dig them because they don't have a stupid zipper. Just slip them on and you're set.

Chris
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
elle mcpherson is my all time favorite, but then there is the list of most unattractive women I am attracted to. In no particular order...
Chrissie Hind of the Pretenders
Monica Seles
Shirley Manson from Garbage
Molly Ringwald
and the list goes on...

shinomaster
12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm a big fan of Beyonce and J-Lo.

chuckroast
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
For future keyword searches, this thread has both bootie and assos included. If someone could squeeze in a reference to double butted, we'd have the hat trick.

manet
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
one pair garneau, neoprenes. sweaty feet. inexpensive. user makes cleat cut-out. plastic zippered rear closure. when it gets cold, cold.

one pair assos w airblock, kinda-lite-wgt. years of service. pricey. stretchy pre-made cleat cut-out. metal zipper rear closure. wide temp range.

93legendti
12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
exactly what im using now. these things rule. zippers are ok quality but they are pretty thick and warm.

Funny you should say that. As I took mine off today, I noticed that on both booties the zipper slightly seperated from the material. A hole in the booties won't make them any warmer. :( Hopefully, my wife can work some magic with her sewing machine.

pedalcr8z
12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
For future keyword searches, this thread has both bootie and assos included. If someone could squeeze in a reference to double butted, we'd have the hat trick.

:D VERY funny!!!!

swoop
12-08-2007, 12:49 AM
with a cold icey coke.