PDA

View Full Version : Muscle imbalance?????

Redturbo
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Some how I've made it to a Cat 2 with hitch in my pedal stroke. I would like to work on getting it cleaned up this winter. What appears to be happening is with my right leg on the up stroke at 9 oclock my knee moves in and over the top tube and then at 12 it shoots back out to the right. I can focus on it and make it stop, but when I'm in the close the gap mode and putting down the power and when I get lazy/tired it rears its head. The best I can tell is I am unloading my right hamie at the 9 position. My right knee will get tender from time to time requiring icing.
Any words of wisdom?

Dave
12-06-2007, 10:39 AM
You may have the foot aligment problem, forefoot varus, where the ball of the foot is elevated in relation to the outside of the foot, when not bearing weight. Lemond cleat wedges or corrective insoles or shoes may be in order.

Fixed
12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
ti des. he's good with this stuff ..bro hows the fix .goin ?
cheers

Redturbo
12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
You may have the foot aligment problem, forefoot varus, where the ball of the foot is elevated in relation to the outside of the foot, when not bearing weight. Lemond cleat wedges or corrective insoles or shoes may be in order.
Thanks Dave
I'm playing with the specialized foot beds and wedges for now. I'm also trying some look keo pedals instead of my speedplay zeros.

Fixed
I don't have the right tools to remove the hatta bottom bracket, so I need to take it to the shop. I have all my parts, so I'm ready.

stevep
12-07-2007, 03:58 AM
footbeds probably but you have to discipline yrself also to hold it straight...focus.

once you get over the hump of holding it in it'll be natural...
like bending yr elbows

DarrenCT
12-07-2007, 05:39 AM
the issue is (i think) really really finding someone who knows what the heck they are doing. too many fitters have various ideas from my experience.

Sandy
12-07-2007, 06:01 AM
I would contact Ti Designs. I genuinely believe that he knows what he is doing.

Sandy