PDA

View Full Version : OT - It's dumping

David Kirk
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
So for the folks that live in another world and don't wait for ski season like we do this might be hard to understand but it's dumping outside right now at a good 1"/hr and the ski area (Bridger Bowl) is opening for the season tomorrow morning.

I'm calling in sick and going sliding.

Dave

cadence231
12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Far out!

dauwhe
Cool... I just went for my first ski of the year this morning before work--they groom trails at the local golf course. Conditions were good, and I even tried a few turns!

Dave in New England

barry1021
So for the folks that live in another world and don't wait for ski season like we do this might be hard to understand but it's dumping outside right now at a good 1"/hr and the ski area (Bridger Bowl) is opening for the season tomorrow morning.

Dave

I hear your boss is pretty tough on slouchers......

b21

RudAwkning
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM

Dave

Don't let the boss know you're playing hooky or he might fire you :D

RudAwkning
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Kirkwood is my home away from home in the Sierras. This makes me sad:

Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)
Last 24 hours 0" Season Total Range 14-22""
Last 48 hours 0" Base Depth 6-14""
Storm Total 0"

Surface Conditions
2 Trails Open
2 Trails Groomed

J.Greene
12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
DK,
It's 70 here with not a cloud in the sky This is our best season. But I am a little envious of you anyway.

JG

David Kirk
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
DK,
It's 70 here with not a cloud in the sky This is our best season. But I am a little envious of you anyway.

JG

I lived in Pensacola FL for a number of years and this was the best time of year there. Cool at night and the humidity dropped into the range where you hair didn't get moldy if you didn't dry it enough after a shower. I do miss that area sometimes but looking out the window right now watching the snow fall makes up for it in spades.

Dave

Pete Serotta
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
34 here in Raleigh...no snow or rain. WE have water restrictions and the reservoir has only about 100 days left.

Dave, wish I was calling in sick tomorrow and was out with you and the snow.

PETE

AndreS
12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow, wish I was there.

I skiied a week at Bridger Bowl in, I think, 1990 or so. Great place, great snow. Costs big bucks to get there on a plane, though, and it was, ummm, interesting flying in on a little plane that was flying below the peaks through the passes to get to the airport.

It was a little lonely at the hill because the friend I was visiting was sick and couldn't ski, and once you get on the mountain you don't see many people. So, I didn't get to ski the Ridge. This is high on my list of unfinished business, but the family/kids come first. They'll be ready for the Ridge by the time they're about 14 or so....

rinconryder
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
RA - Kirkwood is the best. Let everyone else have their high speed lifts and fancy mid mountain lodges at Northstar. Give me the powder - although our ski season isn't looking too promising as of yet. :butt:

Ginger
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Dave
Have a lovely lovely day!

Kirk007
12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
wow, I'm in Helena today and going over the pass to Missoula in an hour. Sunny sky here, and I hope over the pass. So, may all the snow fall on Bozeman for the next 30 hours til my plane leaves for soggy Eugene! Enjoy the turns!

Greg

maunahaole
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Lots of unsettled air and rain out here in the mid-pacific. North Shore and West Side were pretty much inaccessible yesterday. Its going to the west coast somewhere.

DarrenCT
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Dave,

Glad to hear about the snow. Good for the Mrs. K :)

It's very cold here in CT but no snow. I actually wish it would
start snowing soon.

I'm a big fan of snow shoeing.

any of you guys snow shoe??

mjb266
12-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Man I'm jealous...we opened Baker last week and skied this weekend. Then the poop hit the fan and we got 6" of rain on the 50+ inch base and now the base is gone...

Don't know if it's better to get one day and then have the snow disapear or if it's better to open late...

spiderman
12-06-2007, 01:09 PM

Dave

i really have to know...
after riding my noon route over packed snow
and having a really good time in fairly pitiful snow conditions...
remembering watching some bikes come down the hill
last winter on our ski vacation to colorado,
have you ever thought about designing a custom
fork/ski for flatlanders like me??
...sorry, i hope that doesn't give you bad dreams...
or make you think that i'm crazier than i am...
v/r
spiderman

bozman
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Dave

Our hills are getting it, too. I am going up tomorrow, probably to Loveland.