PDA

View Full Version : coni manual on e-bay

H.Frank Beshear
12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Came across this while searching thru cinelli on e-bay. I guess it has pictures :D . Anyway no intrest in it but if you do here's a link. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ROME-1972-C-O-N-I-CYCLING-TRAING-MANUAL-CINELLI-PICS_W0QQitemZ120192907465QQihZ002QQcategoryZ56197 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

wasfast
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
There's also a guy selling a digitized version in pdf format on CD. $15 plus shipping. Pretty cool as well and certainly cheaper than the real deal (which I wish I owned but can't afford)

e-RICHIE
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
are these valuable again?
i still have about 6 from when they were new atmo.
www.keepitall.com

J.Greene
12-05-2007, 07:34 PM
www.keepitall.com

Did it really take 6 copies to figure out what nocturnal emissions were?

JG

flux
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
www.keepitall.com

pm sent

12-05-2007, 10:38 PM
www.keepitall.com

The Japanese translated it verbatim and used it as their keirin track manual. It's rather a hoot. Every now and then they couldn't figure how to translate some Italian that had been impossibly translated into English, so they just inserted the English. So now Japanese keirin riders know certain terms in the English -- no comparable Japanese term. You could make hay with those in Japan -- they still treat the CONI manual like gospel.

Steve Hampsten
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
i had this back in the day

then i lost it

do i need it again?

(it didn't do any damn good 25 years ago - nice pix, however)

$75?

72gmc
12-05-2007, 11:19 PM
To piggyback on Steve's question with a far less intelligent question: Would there be any value in this manual (the digital copy) for a regular cyclist?

Steve Hampsten
12-05-2007, 11:29 PM
To piggyback on Steve's question with a far less intelligent question: Would there be any value in this manual (the digital copy) for a regular cyclist?

in an historical sense, yes, definitely

if you've never held one, you should - it's part of our heritage

(to answer a paraphrase of my own question)

fiamme red
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
To piggyback on Steve's question with a far less intelligent question: Would there be any value in this manual (the digital copy) for a regular cyclist?You can see a few chapters at http://www.sandcreeksports.com/coni.htm.

Louis
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
it's part of our heritage

As are Biopace chainrings...

Steve Hampsten
12-05-2007, 11:54 PM
that would be part of our history

something different

12-06-2007, 01:57 AM

It tells you how Italians in the '70s trained, but that methodology is pretty much history now. No mention of motorpace, no mention of modern speedwork, fitting is very '70s (big frames, not much seatpost, short stems), discussion of equipment ends with Nuovo Record, etc. You get more useful and tested info from this forum or a couple like Wattage or Fixed Gear Fever. So basically, if you're looking for suggestions on how to improve your performance, I'd have to say no.

stevep
12-06-2007, 06:01 AM
no training value..but a cool collectable.
if yr into collectables

trivia. who has seen the update?
called agonistic cycling and in hard cover.

very rare.

merckx
12-06-2007, 06:36 AM
if yr into collectables

very rare.

I have that book (Agonistic Cycling). Pretty cool. I haven't looksd at it in years. Maybe dust if off tonight for a hoot.

labratmatt
12-06-2007, 06:50 AM
if yr into collectables

very rare.

Ooh. I've looked at that book. Awesome!

Too Tall
12-06-2007, 07:16 AM
An old High School pal gifted a well loved CONI manual to me last yr. and I was over the moon baybeee :) Of course there are gems inside IT'S ITALIAN!!! Date material as others have said however what makes an athlete? Is it just training and following a good plan? I think not. Like the man said in Cool hand Luke "You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right. And I mean RIGHT." Taking in all that has been before will certainly get you into the spirit with panache.