PDA

View Full Version : cannondale?

stevep
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
i hear the cannondale- pacific deal is very close.

will be interesting.

fiamme red
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
If so, would all Cannondale production move to China? That would be very sad.

Fixed
12-03-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.pacific-cycle.com/ these cats ?

sg8357
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.pacific-cycle.com/ these cats ?

Yup, where old bicycle brands go to die.

avalonracing
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.bnqt.com/article.php?id=4511

majorpat
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Glad I got one of the last USA made, all-aluminum Cannondales. Guess I'll hang on to my 1987 frame for old times sake.
Pat

DarrenCT
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
If so, would all Cannondale production move to China? That would be very sad.

aren't some of there frames made in china already?

Grant McLean
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I found some canadian coins in my sofa on the weekend,
maybe i'll buy cannondale!

-g

majorpat
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
"It’s also considered a savvy manager of logistics with
extensive experience in Europe and Asia."

You don't need to be savvy to buy in Asia...just tell three factories what you want, get samples and prices and pick a winner. Just remember, they sometimes have the annoying habit of "substituting" components and materials where possible. Once saw "Bevlar" thread in a spec...just saying, might want to get a 'dale now

jsfoster
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I won a Cannondale Synapse, at a Ride the Rockies event in Colorado. It's an all carbon ultegra bike, solid feeling and light, though I have not ridden it. I gave it to my daughter who is now a freshman in college. I hope she rides it as its priddy nice. too bad another American company flies south.
-Jon

e-RICHIE
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
i hear the cannondale- pacific deal is very close.

will be interesting.
hey pooch you and i can pick over the fior de fruita team atmo.

Fixed
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
my cadd7 is collectable ?
cheers

stevep
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
hey pooch you and i can pick over the fior de fruita team atmo.

come w/ jam?
i got peanut butter and bread.

take driscoll. hes a good rider... and w/ dugan you guys could rule the cross roost for a year or 3...

once spinelli retires to the farm.
youll need some new studs.

HSG Racer
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
That's it! My Cannondale road bike is going on ebay tonight. There is no way that I'm going to have a pacific bike in my stable. It goes up for sale today.

Actually, it was expected but somewhat sad. Cannondale has built some nice aluminum racing rigs over the years. They were well built, ultra stiff and personally appealing to the eyes. When I raced, I almost exclusively raced on Cannondales. Their geometry was perfect for me and they truly were fantastic to race on. They were never designed for comfort, touring or century rides but they never pretended to be. They were what they were - great aluminum racing rigs. They tried to switch over to carbon during the last few years but they were late in the game. They stuck to aluminum as long as they could until the market just dried up.

I have had conversations with ex-employees over the years and the general consensus was that Cannondale had a very high employee turnover rate and a high rate of employee dissatisfaction. When I first heard this, I was quite surprised since they were IMO putting out better frames than their competitors such as Trek and Giant. But, if they were running a business on low employee moral then eventually it catches up to you no matter what business you are in. Anyone want to buy a blue Cannondale R3000 frame?

:no:

stevep
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
my cadd7 is collectable ?
cheers

nice try fixed.
you shoulda bought canadian dollars from grant 5 yrs ago...you'd be living on the beach in malibu calling the cops when swoop rode by yr house cause he brings down the neighborhood.

"hey, that man with the small water bottle just filled it with my hose...arrest him please..."

e-RICHIE
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
come w/ jam?
i got peanut butter and bread.

take driscoll. hes a good rider... and w/ dugan you guys could rule the cross roost for a year or 3...

youll need some new studs.
"working on it atmo"

Grant McLean
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I have had conversations with ex-employees over the years and the general consensus was that Cannondale had a very high employee turnover rate and a high rate of employee dissatisfaction. When I first heard this, I was quite surprised since they were IMO putting out better frames than their competitors such as Trek and Giant. But, if they were running a business on low employee moral then eventually it catches up to you no matter what business you are in. Anyone want to buy a blue Cannondale R3000 frame?

They can fix the high turnover in Asia by chaining them to their workbench.
That was what Stevep told me...

g

stevep
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
That's it! My Cannondale road bike is going on ebay tonight. There is no way that I'm going to have a pacific bike in my stable. It goes up for sale today.

, I was quite surprised since they were IMO putting out better frames than their competitors such as Trek and Giant.

dont panic over this. calm down boy.

but the qc at trek and giant are and have always been leagues above that of cannondale.

Grant McLean
12-03-2007, 03:24 PM
aren't some of there frames made in china already?

Yes.

The synapse carbon is Asia production,
and they have some new mtb models in the $499
price point that have alu frames from china.
They look pretty nice actually!

-g

swoop
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
my next frame will be built by a fetus. 9 month work cycle. atmo.

J.Greene
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Cannondale has always been a business first and the other stuff 3rd or 4th. This is just the business stuff. Part of the evolution of crackenfail atmo.

And as a someone frequently says.... "hyman roth always made money for his partners".

JG

e-RICHIE
12-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Cannondale has always been a business first and the other stuff 3rd or 4th. This is just the business stuff. Part of the evolution of crackenfail atmo.

And as a someone frequently says.... "hyman roth always made money for his partners".

JG
why did you go to the police? why didn't you come to me first atmo?

J.Greene
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
why did you go to the police? why didn't you come to me first atmo?

What do you want of me? Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.

JG

e-RICHIE
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
What do you want of me? Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.

JG
the geeene family wants to buy me out?
no, i buy you out, you don't buy me out atmo.

flux
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM

I will rest when I'm dead. Relentless.

J.Greene
12-03-2007, 03:57 PM
the geeene family wants to buy me out?
no, i buy you out, you don't buy me out atmo.

Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!

JG

stevep
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I will rest when I'm dead. Relentless.

shiite.
i woke him up.
now he's po'ed

wheres camp for you guys?
when?

stevep
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!

JG

the greatest of all films.
phew.
every few years you gotta see it again.

flux
12-03-2007, 04:07 PM
shiite.
i woke him up.
now he's po'ed

wheres camp for you guys?
when?

Depends on the Tour of California. If we get in, I'll be on a plane to Cali Jan 1st. If not I will focus on the month of April and on...

jerk
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Depends on the Tour of California. If we get in, I'll be on a plane to Cali Jan 1st. If not I will focus on the month of April and on...

you should focus on lunch. http://www.diogenes-eu.org/images/LP_LGI_lunch1_2.jpg

lunch is the new april.

jerk

Chris
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
But, if they were running a business on low employee moral then eventually it catches up to you no matter what business you are in.
"Hell, all my employees are disgruntled. My motto is do it my way or watch your butt." Nathan Arizona

flux
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
you should focus on lunch. http://www.diogenes-eu.org/images/LP_LGI_lunch1_2.jpg

lunch is the new april.

jerk

Tell you what. If we don't get into Cali I will drive my filthy car down to Boston and You can buy me a Happy Meal.

rwsaunders
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Take away your Chris King headset, perhaps hubs, and your Thomson post, what else beyond the frame is made in the US anyway? Not much.

flydhest
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
They were never designed for comfort, touring or century rides but they never pretended to be.

. . . uh, except for the Cannondale touring bikes. The one I rode and the ones friends have had were pretty good for touring. 28c tires are reasonable pressure go a long way to promote ride comfort.

rwsaunders
12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Here's an old US made CDale beater that we still keep in the garage. I swear that the frame is an aluminum billet as opposed to aluminum tubing. Reliable as hell, though.

merckx
12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
My brother still has his 1984 Cannondale road frame. He bought it right after the '84 Olympics where he was a silver medalist in rowing. He got the Cannondale to dabble in cycle racing after he hung up his oar. The oar is still wet and the Cannondale is in the basement corner. Maybe it will be a collectable someday.

e-RICHIE
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
He bought it right after the '84 Olympics where he was a silver medalist in rowing.
data point -
stevep was in the doo wop group that sang in
the opening ceremony at the rose bowl atmo.

merckx
12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
The clothing sponsor for the US team was Levis. They were issued cowboy/girl outfits to wear for the opening and closing ceremonies. The doo woop group was issued these same uniforms as well. However, somehow Stevep got his uniform mixed up and had to wear a Levi skirt and Go Go boots. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

e-RICHIE
12-04-2007, 07:55 AM
However, somehow Stevep got his uniform mixed up and had to wear a Levi skirt and Go Go boots. I couldn't take my eyes off him.
stevep is on the left atmo -

http://pages.prodigy.net/classicproductions/_uimages/Capris.jpg

merckx
12-04-2007, 08:03 AM

See what I mean?
Sexy, eh?

obtuse
12-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Tell you what. If we don't get into Cali I will drive my filthy car down to Boston and You can buy me a Happy Meal.

cleaner than mine- i've got the stupid spare on the front left. it looks awesome.

stevep
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
im on the right.
i still have those glasses.
ask my kids...
i no longer have the suit.
i sold it to roman meal as an original worn by mack the knife.

roman meal
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
im on the right.
i still have those glasses.
ask my kids...
i no longer have the suit.
i sold it to roman meal as an original worn by mack the knife.

steve;

I found these glasses in the pocket. One of the lenses has a hole in it. You want them back? What kind of witness protection program do you have flux in up here? Send him over for pasta.

jmewkill
12-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Look at the way they're holding him.

No wonder he's worried.

stevep
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
steve;

I found these glasses in the pocket. One of the lenses has a hole in it. You want them back? What kind of witness protection program do you have flux in up here? Send him over for pasta.

no worries for flux.
hes in the same program that the guy in yr photo was in...
i get a rebate for early dismissals from the program.
yr guy checked out in 1953 i think.
earned me $7.25...easy money.

i just had to tell the italian guy where the massage table was...

want in?

I Want Sachs?
12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Aluminum is Real!

manet
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Aluminum is Real!

he who smelt it...