PDA

View Full Version : Austin weather forecast this week...

weisan
12-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we take a break to review Austin (TX)'s weather forecast this week....
http://alicehui.com/serotta/weather/austin_weather.gif

mister
12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
it was nice wasn't it.
gotta love texas weather. sunday morning i went on a ride with a few people, got done around 1 or so.
i was sweaty, wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts.
sunday evening i left the house on a gazelle i had just swapped parts on to see how it rode. not too cold but it was windy so i put a shirt and windbreaker in my bag thinking it would cool off.
ate some pizza and drank a few beers with a group of people by the time i left i was really cold, put on my long sleeved shirt and a windbreaker.
this morning, the weather forecast said it was 41* with a 37* windchill i think.

fiamme red
12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
When LANCE has the choice, where is he, Austin or NYC? 'Nuff said. :cool:

aLexis
12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Looky here, Bruce. :)

paczki
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
When LANCE has the choice, where is he, Austin or NYC? 'Nuff said. :cool:

Well he doesn't ride as much any more. He wants to live closer to the Ford Modeling agency to pursue his other hobbies.

Isn't it to hot to ride in the summer though?

Bruce K
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Alexis.

I'm looking. I'm jealous.

Today we had about 1" of heavy wet snow accumulate over night with temps around 32 and drizzle all day.

That pretty much guarantees that I am in the gym for the duration but a few cross rides might sneak in somehow.

I am trying to set something up for late January. I am guessing weekend would be better than mid week. I may bring one of my riding buddies from up here if it's OK with you and weisan.

I will try your cell again to talk about rentals, etc.

BK

spiderman
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we take a break to review Austin (TX)'s weather forecast this week....
http://alicehui.com/serotta/weather/austin_weather.gif

aren't you just itching to get out your studded snow tires??
so far so good here.
i have 100 count kenda 35's on the open pro wheels.
they grip much better climbing if i stay seated!
we're expecting a wintery mix here tomorrow, too.
my wife wants to get in the mini
once the rear bike rack is installed
and head directly south sometime this month
until it's nice enough outside to ride...
texas here we come!

Floyd Dakil
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I've already notified the boss that I won't be in on Wednesday. I'm taking my Serotta Ti Max to Walnut Creek Park for some serious trail riding.

swoop
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Santa Monica = Campy
Austin = Shimano

aLexis
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Santa Monica = Campy
Austin = Shimano

I heart Dura Ace
(and swoop, too)

weisan
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Went out for a 3.5hr ride along Volente-Liberty Hills with my pal Rick late morning/mid afternoon. It was cooooooold 58 degrees. Hopefully tomorrow will be better... :D

hypnos
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Up yours, Weisan!!!! :butt:

We have only snow and rain in the 10 day forecast for Rochester, NY. Looking forward to April.

RIHans
12-04-2007, 01:46 AM

We have only snow and rain in the 10 day forecast for Rochester, NY. Looking forward to April.

Up yours pal...But!

Cyclocross in my backyard!

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?EventID=5501

Bring on the crazy cyclocross riders!

RIHans
12-04-2007, 01:47 AM

Cyclocross in my backyard!

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?EventID=5501

Bring on the crazy cyclocross riders!

Cdub
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Santa Monica = Campy
Austin = Shimano

A few miles east Houston=Campy :beer:

Weather here is very nice as well. No hills though :(

Steelhead
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Just came from an annual lunch thing out at Austin Country Club.... The room had a big view of the postcard weather outside and I'm stuck inside with 800 insurance brokers and risk management type people. :crap:

But I'll be out there tonight riding the trails on my MTB. ! :)

Steelhead
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
A few miles east Houston=Campy

Now thats a first.....

shanerpvt
12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Santa Monica = Campy
Austin = Shimano

Austin 1990 = Campy
Austin 2007 = Shimano

did get a quick one in during lunch today........out & back RR12 & Fitzhugh..........wanted to keep ridin all afternoon.

cheers,

shaner

weisan
12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
shaner-pal, I was in your neighborhood recently.

Parked my car at the gas station at intersection of RR12-hamilton pool road, rode up to W. Fitzugh and from there all the way to Johnson City and then turn around at Cypress, up that crazy hill and back to my start point.

I like the route so much I did it twice over the last 4 weeks.

swoop
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
austin=campy red
santa monica= campy regular?

Blue Jays
12-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I rode 'round & 'round my block for an hour in the slush on my mountainbike to get a good workout the other day. Yecchh! :)

shanerpvt
12-05-2007, 06:47 AM
shaner-pal, I was in your neighborhood recently.

Parked my car at the gas station at intersection of RR12-hamilton pool road, rode up to W. Fitzugh and from there all the way to Johnson City and then turn around at Cypress, up that crazy hill and back to my start point.

I like the route so much I did it twice over the last 4 weeks.

i don't live very far from that intersection.........i like those roads also, but when i ride that direction i usually cut over to dripping and ride creek road (loop)...............more opportunities for water (i'm fat & slow).

take care weisan-pal,

shaner

Too Tall
12-05-2007, 07:19 AM
You Texans will get a laugh...I am in Washington DC. Today the weather forcast is for an Alberta Clipper, snow and wind. At about 5am I caught another commuter on a long stretch along the Potomac River. We talked and he is from Austin, TX. My comment "you left Texas?????"...hehe. He had twice the clothing on he should have and was hammering to beat the band. We exchanged hilarious stories about how f'd up the weather forcasts are in DC because the weather pros are afraid of being wrong...or giving unpopular forcasts! Poor guy.

weisan
12-05-2007, 07:42 AM
That's funny, Tall-pal...no wait, an Austinite who move up to DC, that's a tragedy. :p

The weather guys were spot on this time. I rode yesterday afternoon with my pal David, it was 68. Puuuurrficcc.

short and short sleeves

skinny 20 mm tire

That's the only way to go.

Shaner-pal, I ride with people from all walks of life. ;)

Shimano, Campy....whatever. I am riding, where and what were you doin'? :D

paczki
12-05-2007, 08:15 AM
You Texans will get a laugh...I am in Washington DC. Today the weather forcast is for an Alberta Clipper, snow and wind. At about 5am I caught another commuter on a long stretch along the Potomac River. We talked and he is from Austin, TX. My comment "you left Texas?????"...hehe. He had twice the clothing on he should have and was hammering to beat the band. We exchanged hilarious stories about how f'd up the weather forcasts are in DC because the weather pros are afraid of being wrong...or giving unpopular forcasts! Poor guy.

Wait until August. The read some forecasts as you ride on the Potomac.

shanerpvt
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Shaner-pal, I ride with people from all walks of life. ;)

Shimano, Campy....whatever. I am riding, where and what were you doin'? :D

yea, just making a joke about how much Austin has changed......not better or worse........just different.

:beer:
shaner

Cdub
12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
yea, just making a joke about how much Austin has changed......not better or worse........just different.

:beer:
shaner

Houston/Austin all going SRAM crazy no matter the weather. :argue:

Floyd Dakil
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
I grew up in Dallas, and the stereotypes of that place are true--soulless suburbs inhabited by corporate drones and social-climbing CEO wives in the Park Cities and Preston Hollow, who aspire to Greenwich, Connecticut, sophistication. The main university, Southern Methodist, actually wants the Bush presidential library. White Rock Lake was once a training mecca for runners and cyclists. These days the place is overrun with gangsta wannabes cruising in pick ups. The lake needs dredging, and the trails and roads smell of dead fish and grackle ****.

Houston has its own shortcomings. And many of the smaller towns like Wichita Falls, Abilene, and Amarillo are peopled by conservative churchgoers. The football coach of the local high school is revered as a community leader. It's amazing that a town like Austin exists in a state like Texas.

Fixed
12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USFL0481_f.html
here is what we have a little cold front
cheers imho
got 10 mph wind and it's goin to get down to the upper 50's

texbike
12-06-2007, 10:41 AM
.....Houston has its own shortcomings.

Austin= Campy/Shimano/SRAM (we've got it all!)
Houston= Chevy

BTW, another beautiful day here! Just made it back in from a 60 mile ride after spending the 3 previous days in Houston on business.

God bless Austin!

Texbike

Cdub
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=texbike]Austin= Campy/Shimano/SRAM (we've got it all!)
Houston= Chevy

You have all of something, not sure of what.... j/k :D

H-town is alright ( I live way Northeast and can make to hills and nice scenery within and hour ride), but I do miss New Hampshire where I went to school. Maybe that is why i go to Austin so often. Topography is so much better.

We have a Campy parts, but few and far between.