PDA

View Full Version : Thanks .......

Smiley
12-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Sandy , DanL , Flydhest , Doctor , kb , Tim , BBDave , M_A , Too Tall , BruceK , Keno , AnheidaRide , Spectrum Bob , Pete , Spoke , The Hot Swedish babe Friends of the Doctor* , Serotta Todd , Serotta lori , First mate , George H. , Don and Marianne of Boca Fame , and all the fine friends of Serottaville that I had the privledge to ride with in 2003 .
Special mention goes out to Calfee Kevan and Antonio of Spectrum fame. You all made for wonderfull riding miles together, and like Jed Clampett would say " You all come back now ".

* never rode with them but would have loved too.

And finally to "Serotta Alyson" moderator today thanks for the dancing fruit :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

your all the greatest and sorry if I left anybody off. Go Terps beat WVU

Spectrum Bob
12-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Thank you Smiley for being a good friend and doing so much to bring so many people together.

Spectrum Bob

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2003, 03:22 PM
about hot Swedish babes???:confused:

I knew I should have made more of an effort to ride with flydhest!:crap:

BB "Lonesome" Dave

Serotta PETE
12-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Great meeting and drinking with you at the last Serotta Open House. The pull you took on getting me back to Serotta Plant was great also. (I will try to repay it in 2004. Look to seeing all of you in the spring in DC area. (Need to wangle an invite from you and Flydhest.......Additionally need to hide in his jazz and red wine collection.....

Happy New Year to all. PETE (ps - - Sandy, Mr bailey is looking for you!!!!)

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2003, 04:26 PM
seriously thinking about coming down to DC over her Spring Break in april to do some museums, etc.

Perhaps a ride with the DC crowd?:beer:

BBDave

Smiley
12-31-2003, 04:39 PM
Just name the date, you don't need a ride if you can use my Hor's* , we'll put the word out and get Kevan to come down and visit his relatives. You need a place to stay we'll take care of that too between Fly Mans place and mine we should be good.

Pete you don't need an invite our key is under the door mat waiting for your visit.

I think we can get Len to drive west from the shore and all the regular suspects will be lined up.

* Sandy's CSI is a stock 57 and my Hor's is a 58 TT with a 57.5 ST, what was the Queen Bee? Maybe you should bring the BeeMachine down with the Zebra outfit, you may get lucky with that combo.

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2003, 04:43 PM
The mighty QUEEN BEE would never let me ride another!:rolleyes:

But I will keep it in mind!

In the meantime, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SPOKE
12-31-2003, 07:52 PM
it really was great getting to know all of you. looking forward to more rides in 2004.
what would it take to get the group together in Asheville, NC in late spring???? maybe a 3 day weekend climbing some hills?
happy new year!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2003, 08:56 PM
is Ashville from Albany, and from DC?:confused:

BBD

M_A_Martin
12-31-2003, 09:54 PM
with the dogwood blooming.

I've got a Tour de Frank tourbook! I'm ready!

This year has been fun meeting and re-meeting people from the forum. I hope to meet just as many quality people from this local in the coming year. Thanks for all the support!

Ginger

Ah, and one last time. Thank you Ben for letting us continue using this fine forum.

Kevan
12-31-2003, 10:42 PM
you're a bunch of okay people.

Looking forward to a new season and sharing a couple weekends with you crazy folks.

I hear Bethesda calling, so too the Finger Lakes.

Any of you folk wanting to ride through the pages of Architectural Digest, why not join me and Mikemets for ride in the Westchester area. Course we could stick to my neighborhood, but that's Reader's Digest material.

Happy New Year! And my your days be free of resolutions.

shinomaster
01-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Maybe next year we can all hook up for a ride in the finger lakes...my Dad lives close by in Elmira new york...I'll even let you ride my cannondale if you like...Happy newyear!!! Kevan and the "gang" you know who you are...hey where is Flydhest??

SPOKE
01-01-2004, 01:46 PM
hey BBD!
Asheville is about 5-6hr from DC. not sure from Albany. a 3-4 day weekend would be worth the drive.

Don
01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Smiley,

Marianne and I thank you and your wonderful friends for the super time shown to us during our visit December 21st.

As always, it's great to match faces to familiar names.

This morning, I rode with our Boca Raton club. We did a 30 mile jaunt and upon return, Marianne joined me and I added another 15 miles. Beginning temperature was mid 60's and it reached the lmid 70's when we stopped! Lot to be said for living here, especially in the wintertime.

Too Tall
01-05-2004, 08:40 AM
This is a lifestyle and we're it! I think if Smiley had his way, he'd buy up all the neighbors houses and re-sell them to his friends so he could maximize the love 24X7.

It is really great to meet and ride with y'all now and than and our chats....the best!

Sandy
01-05-2004, 02:02 PM
I used to be a loner, but cycling, Serottas, the Serotta forum, and Smiley helped change all that. Smiley, you must know how much I value our friendship and what you have given to me. I will always be indebted to you (and the First Mate). I have met some really quality cyclists and people through you, and am even invited to ride with you and the other superior (to me) riders.

You epitomize what a true friend is.

Sandman

djg
01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
The in-laws have a place in the mountains not far from Asheville and although we haven't done the drive many times I think that it's about 500 miles from Washington--more like 7 or 8 hours than 5-6. And if traffic becomes a problem ... once it took us 11 hours.