PDA

View Full Version : Exte Ondo Jackets

keno
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm looking for things my wife can buy me for Hanukah. I would like a nice 25 degree type jacket with some style to replace my well-used, not so stylish one. Exte Ondo has been touted by some, but I can find no source with pictures of their offerings. Their US site is under construction, and no dealers I've found offer anything but a link to a non-available website.

Any clues for me?

keno

rwsaunders
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
www.coloradocyclist.com

CNY rider
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I just got the Colorado Cyclist "weekend specials" e-mail and they have an Exteondo Empro jacket on sale for $200, in various sizes and colors.

Link: http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/EXTXMSKM

11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
There's a large line of Exte Ondo clothing, but only a small range is imported into the US (by Orbea). The Colorado Cyclist actually shows nearly all the line available in the US. Definitely check Colorado Cyclist's closeouts because they have a number of pieces of E-O clothing there. The jacket closeouts are entirely comparable to this year's versions -- only changes in color and a few small details. They are superb jackets, in my opinion better than anything else in the market (including that Swiss company).

Louis
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
with some style to replace my well-used, not so stylish one.

F that. Form follows function for winter stuff.

Go with what works.

swoop
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
i think c-bike sells as well. i got to wear some of their stuff as a test pig some time ago.. its the best gear made. zabriskie wears it when he's training in his own kit. ullrich would use their chamios...

its sized for small dawrfish basques... a medium is like a tiny in us sizes....

shanerpvt
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
i've got a rapha classic softshell coming for christmas.......any thoughts on that jacket?

thanks,
shaner

DarrenCT
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
is rapha supposed to be the gucci of the bike industry?

swoop
11-30-2007, 10:21 PM
i've got a rapha classic softshell coming for christmas.......any thoughts on that jacket?

thanks,
shaner

i've got one. i love rapha.. i mean i love the marketing and the look... and i wish i were good enough that i could get the stuff for free or at cost.

that being said, in general.. its pretty average quality stuff for the great design and beautiful detailing. its good stuff, really good.. but its not as good as it looks.
i'm still addicted to it though.

the gillet i have is fading even though its only a few months old and only gets hand washed. the zipper's fragile, the white stripe holds on to grime and dirt at the base in front... the fabric doesn't really breathe so you get soaked underneath it. it doesn't work better than a 30 dollar vest but it looks better and the design details are gorgeous. the vest pockets are great as are the elastic pulls. i look hot in it which is no easy task.

i'm just a few rides in on the jacket. i'm not that big a dude.. and their pieces are a tad long for me... so i'm in between small and medium. the cuffs are nice.... but it's pricey.

i wish i weren't addicted. i can't wait to get more stuff.... i've worked every grey market angle i have at my fingertips and .... hello my name is swoop and i love rapha enough to overlook some things.

the jacket is really well made. the whole line fits tall folks better than squat irish types like me.

shanerpvt
11-30-2007, 10:27 PM
is rapha supposed to be the gucci of the bike industry?

dude, i got a jersey for father's day & i just like their stuff.............i'm a average earner, but am willing to make sacrifices for bike stuff.

i don't know what's hip.....only what i dig.

cheers,
shaner

TimD
12-01-2007, 06:43 AM
$165 for a pair of gloves? C'mon.

chrisroph
12-01-2007, 08:58 AM

goes well with the castelli cashmere socks $60

mcteague
12-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Check out the Adidas Adistar Arctic Jacket. On sale at Nashbar.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/reviews/adidas_artic_jacket

http://tinyurl.com/yp2w7z

Tim McTeague

Ozz
12-03-2007, 08:20 AM
here you go:

ebay: Etxe Ondo Jacket (http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTE-ONDO-Gore-Windstopper-bicycle-jacket-coat-blue_W0QQitemZ260189560628QQihZ016QQcategoryZ13700 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

not sure if it is the right size for you or not....

keno
12-03-2007, 08:35 AM
thanks. I need to try some jackets on. BTW, M is not keno. I tried an Assos XL on yesterday, and couldn't breathe (I'm 6', 185). I find every brand is different. Some XLs have sleeves that hang like a wizard's, or back panels that hang below the butt (for inconvenient catching on the saddle), so a try on is a must for me.

keno

znfdl
12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Keno:

I will be ordering two jackets from Lou at www.foxwear.net

Foxwear uses all of the latest frabrics, fabrics can be mixed and matched, can be modified for a custom fit and costs less than $80 per jacket.

Hi quality os top notch. If you do not need a name brand, I highly reccomend these jackets. I am replacing my jacket after many years of use.

He will be back in the country on December 10th.

bostondrunk
12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
thanks. I need to try some jackets on. BTW, M is not keno. I tried an Assos XL on yesterday, and couldn't breathe (I'm 6', 185). I find every brand is different. Some XLs have sleeves that hang like a wizard's, or back panels that hang below the butt (for inconvenient catching on the saddle), so a try on is a must for me.

keno

When not playing a fatass, I'm about 170 - 175, 5'10. I needed an Assos XL size for the jacket I bought a few years ago. I needed to take it to a tailor to have about 2 inches taken off of the arms...
But if i were doing it again, I'd go for another Assos, the fugu. Still in XL, still probably get the sleeves shortened...
My vote is get a fugu. Easily available new off ebay for about $450. Chump change... ;)

dawgie
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I bought one of the Craft Windstopper Thermal jackets after seeing and trying on one that a friend has. Used it for the first time last weekend and was impressed. It was very warm in 30-40 degree temps, but breathable. On sale right now at WCP.

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CRA08WSTBJ

TriJim
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Bought a white pair of the Grand Tour gloves and within a few months the black trim was bleeding onto the white. I sent a note to Rapha; they asked for a picture, but no reply after I responded. A month later the leather ripped on my ride up Alpe d'Huez. For me, cheaper gloves (from the Swiss company) are more comfortable, more durable, and offer a terry cloth wipe. $165 gloves not recommended.

Ozz
12-03-2007, 03:12 PM

keno
you'll probably be a XXL in Etxe Ondo. I have an both an XXL and an XL in windstopper / thermolite jackets. I am 6'2" / 180, but pretty thin up top. I wear a 41 or 42 suit, 15 1/2 - 35" shirts. The XXL is comfy and plenty of room under for layers, but still tailored nicely with no bulkiness. The XL is pretty trim....just right for a skinny basque dude.... :beer:

I also have an Assos AirJack in XLG....it is OK but kinda long in body and sleeves, but I would probably be better off with and XL.

rwsaunders
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
www.coloadocyclist.com is also selling PI's barrier jacket for $80. It's probably old stock, but that's a heckuva deal for a winter jacket. I use it for temps below 40 degrees and it does a nice job.