PDA

View Full Version : TriNewt Light

Mud
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Just received out TriNewts and hopefully it will be warm enough one evening to try them out. There was a lot of hoopla on how light (no pun intended) they are and they come with a helmet mount.

Now I thought the TrailRat was heavy and bounced around enough to keep pounding the top of my glasses into my nose but the TriNewts are much heavier. I would have to be Too Tall or William to have the strength to wear these and not fall over the front of my bars.

On the flip side I turned them on and they lit up the whole house for Chanuka.

Grant McLean
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Ya, the TriNewt is a pig.

The MiNewt is really light, but not nearly as bright.
I'm really a combo helmet/handlebar mount kind of guy,
so the TriNewt goes on the bike, the MiNewt on the helmet.

-g

znfdl
11-30-2007, 10:50 AM
You should check out the Dinotte 600L. At 20+ mph I do not run out of light. Comes with two lithium batteries for a run time of 7 hours on high (600 lumens), 14 hours on medium (300 lumens) and 28 hours on low (150 lumens)

Mud
11-30-2007, 08:28 PM
You should check out the Dinotte 600L. At 20+ mph I do not run out of light. Comes with two lithium batteries for a run time of 7 hours on high (600 lumens), 14 hours on medium (300 lumens) and 28 hours on low (150 lumens)

Sounds like an Artic Circle ride. We need 2 hours tops but lots of light. There are many great lights but these were the best deal for me. It was almost too good. They double shipped me but charged me both times so I have 4 sets. Two go back Monday. :crap: