PDA

View Full Version : a bit OT:help with Look f/f and FSA headset

tv_vt
11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I just bought an FSA Orbit Carbon Integrated 15mm headset from Excelsports for a Look HSC5 fork and 481SL frame (both f/f are new to me) - was recommended by their staff. Not sure how this should fit and there are no instructions included. I looked on the FSA webset and the Headset FAQ is pretty worthless. With the sloping lower steerer tube on the fork, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use all the parts supplied. The small thin race that sits on the lower steerer tube is not sitting down too far, yet if I leave it off, the top of the fork rubs against the lower headtube. I also heard about some super thin spacers that are used with the upper headset to get it to clear the headtube, but didn't see anything like that in the box. Do I have the right headset for this combo and does it sound like I have it set right?

The fork is brand new. Is a replacement - I'm guessing the original fork was an HSC4, rather than 5. Not sure if the 5 is totally compatible with the frame...

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

TV (occasionally I do like to read the directions, if only some were included...)