PDA

View Full Version : hed bastogne tubular wheels

norman neville
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
the green 'n white serotta in the gallery has the hed bastogne wheels. they look pretty snazzy and pretty normal at the same time.

were they ever available as tubulars? i remember seeing an article in velo snooz a while back about hed touting the new bastogne tubulars, but i never saw them available anywhere? does anybody out there no the scoop?

Bruce K
11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
So far as I know Bastognes are clincher only so far.

I have 2 sets and they have proven to be virtually bullet-proof on top of being pretty light and fast rolling. I have used them on my road bikes and for a while as my cross wheels. They have stayed very true and the hubs have held up well through it all. They are supposed to be about as aero as Zipp 303's.

I currently have 1 set on my Meivici and the other on the Councours single speed.

If you must have tubies in this wheelset, I would suggest calling HED directly to get the answer as to whether they exist or will exist in the near future. Since the wheel was the basis for the ALPS which came in both versions the tubular version may be available by special order.

BK