View Full Version : Hmmmmm..Well

Dave B
11-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Uhhhh.

I am at a loss.

http://www.bikeforest.com/hulabike.php

Sandy
11-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the link. I am going to buy one. I won't have to worry about improving my lousy pedal stroke.

Jumping for joy,

Sandy

PS- Have you ridden the Moots?

BumbleBeeDave
11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
with the roads around here, all I've got to do is hit a few potholes the right (wrong?) way and I'll have my own "Hula Bike" in no time! :rolleyes: :crap: ;)

Not sure what to do about that pesky seat tube, though . . . hacksaw?

BBD

J.Greene
11-29-2007, 07:09 AM
I have ridden several bikes with offset hubs. It's kinda fun. A pal builds those as a hobby and we take them to the races to cruise around. The looks are pretty funny. It's amazing what you can build with a bike found on the curb.

JG

stevep
11-29-2007, 07:22 AM
in an episode of the three stooges they all came out on these scooters with big offset rear wheels that were propelled that way.

in my shop days i had to rebuild a rear wheel for one.
an adventure for sure.
somebody should find the stooges clip ..you can see how they work.
cute.

William
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm afraid of what people would think when you really try to get that thing humping. ;)

William

Bruce K
11-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Would somebody please pass the dramamine?

:crap: :crap: :crap:

BK

J.Greene
11-29-2007, 08:03 AM
in an episode of the three stooges they all came out on these scooters with big offset rear wheels that were propelled that way.

in my shop days i had to rebuild a rear wheel for one.
an adventure for sure.
somebody should find the stooges clip ..you can see how they work.
cute.

More fun to pedal one than push it. If you add in a front and rear shock there are more uncontrollable parts flying than dolly parton jogging atmo.

JG

Blue Jays
11-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Yet somehow they remain in business! :D

Wayne77
11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
How about the treadmill bike? If someone sees you on this they'll either go insane trying to comprehend the complete absurdity and contradiction of the device or they'll bow down and worship you.

http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/index.php

"He's walking, yet he's riding..Is he walking to ride, or riding to walk?..Why doesn't he just walk?..."

ti_boi
11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh what will they think of next?

Dave B
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh what will they think of next?

Please delete thatpicture. My witness reloaction program that I am currently in does not allow my picture to be posted. Thank you.

Dave B
11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the link. I am going to buy one. I won't have to worry about improving my lousy pedal stroke.

Jumping for joy,

Sandy

PS- Have you ridden the Moots?

Yeah it is great. I am still trying to sort out pedals and a saddle, but Jack B sent me his Moots saddle so i am going to try that.

I do not know if my weight makes all saddles terribly uncomfortable or I just keep trying the wrong ones.

I am not terribly fond of Shimano stuff, but it is so quiet that I must say I am impressed. As campy is too much for me I think I'll give the SRAM force a go some day. Seems to continue to come down in price.

I had a Serotta Fierte Ti as my first ever ti road bike, and I was afraid it would be the same thing. Serottas are great, but that bike was not a joy to ride. This one is. I always thought that being a fatty I needed a compact frame to be more stiff to support my booty. However the more traditional geo (level TT) seems to suit me better. must give more.

Anyway, it is a blast. I will admit the colder it gets my riding tends to be more stationary or mtb.

I just love the mtb!

gdw
11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm considering entering a couple of the local crits next year on one of these:
http://www.bikeforest.com/rowingbike.php