PDA

View Full Version : Happy Everything Present - give Serotta Clothing

Pete Serotta
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Can you please give me your views on Serotta Clothing, looks, quality, price, would you buy from your LBS or online. Lastly what additional clothing would you like to see.

THANKS

pjm
11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Funny you should ask. Just got a new T-shirt, and it has got the strangest fitting sleeves I've ever seen in a T-shirt. Instead of being loose, they are tailored, I guess, to fit tight to the arms. Kind of uncomfortable on my big guns :rolleyes:

Some company called American Apparel :confused:

deechee
11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't think I've seen Serotta clothing at the LBS that is listed. (Cycles Performance in Montreal) In general I only buy clothing online if I've already owned clothing from the same company.

Regarding the new stuff, I like the design of the casual ibex sweater and the women's light blue jersey. The men's jersey isn't my taste, and the long sleeve looks like a speed skater's suit. I would never wear a Meivici t-shirt unless I own one - hence, I will never buy it. (like those XTR t's...)

Unfortunately, even though you would think that because I'm young I would like American Apparel but I don't. I'm very picky about fabrics and I've never been impressed with the cotton and fit of AA. Lately, the only t-s I buy are from Club Monaco, or BOSS. I also prefer cotton with spandex blends for a better fit.

I would like t-shirts like twinsix.com designs. I would like a completely solid, understated jersey like a NZ all blacks with a tiny "serotta" logo (no big S) on the chest. Same with long sleeves. I think the plain jane Serotta T would look better as a mechanic's shirt.

Karin Kirk
11-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I think the lineup of new stuff is cool, with its own individual style. I have always been a fan of Castelli. I dig the women's light blue jersey, since that is one of my favorite colors for clothing and it matches my bike exactly! The shorts with the Serotta logos on the grippers is a neat touch. Isn't it funny how the elastic grippers have become a fashion statement?

Letsee, on the accessories stuff, the Ibex jacket is quite handsome. My brother has a similar one and gets compliments all the time. (not in that ghey way, don't worry)

I also like the hat with just the Serotta S on it (esp the orange one). That way you can make up what the S stands for depending on who you're hanging out with.

So if anyone wants to buy me some Christmas presents, now you know the stuff I like! :)

Bruce K
11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Pete;

I got a jersey, ball cap, Meivici t-shirt, and some socks.

I decided to pass on the shorts as I thought they were rather expensive and had very little "branding" to identify them as Serotta clothing.

I really like the Castelli jersey for price and quality but found it odd that there was only the "S" on the back.

The socks are great.

I am contemplating a wool jacket after all the rave reviews by folks who have gotten one already.

Hopefully one day they will do collared "golf" shirts. I like the look and the ability to wear them in more places than t-shirts.

BK

davids
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
The Castelli stuff is more nicely styled than the stuff it replaced, but I still don't think I'll buy any - I prefer more retro-ish jerseys. The Ibex sweater looks very nice, but I just bought another wool jersey two months ago...

I'm contemplating the purchase of a black ballcap, along with the '80 calendar and a couple nice, big water bottles:

http://www.serotta.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SerottaWaterbottlesWebstore.jpg

Ahneida Ride
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Pete

My Legend is sooooo comfortable that for most rides I just don a bright
colored t shirt and a pair of black baggy shorts. :beer:

So .... I am not one to judge ... :rolleyes:

The blue women's shirt looks cool. Definately have to pick up a beer mug
or two. Like the caps .... Nice water bottles ! :p

How bout a nice rain jacket aka like one from Showers Pass (http://www.showerspass.com/) ? :D

Pete Serotta
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I am building up a wish list to give BEN and to expand the offerings......THis is one of the sources I will use to justify what we want.

I will come up and try those beer glasses with you (yes and some beer)

Pete

My Legend is sooooo comfortable that for most rides I just don a bright
colored t shirt and a pair of black baggy shorts. :beer:

So .... I am not one to judge ... :rolleyes:

The blue women's shirt looks cool. Definately have to pick up a beer mug
or two. Like the caps .... Nice water bottles ! :p

How bout a nice rain jacket aka like one from Showers Pass (http://www.showerspass.com/) ? :D

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I am building up a wish list to give BEN and to expand the offerings......THis is one of the sources I will use to justify what we want.

I will come up and try those beer glasses with you (yes and some beer)

. . . that would be Killian's RED beer, Pete? :rolleyes: ;)

But seriously, the jerseys don't do a lot for me--just too subdued in design. But knowing the rest of my cycling wardrobe, that probably doesn't surprise you, now does it? :D

I also agree with Bruce K . . . the shorts are way short on obvious branding. but I guess that applies to the whole collection. I'm a big fan of the "team" look where the jerseys and shorts merge into a more whole body color scheme, and this stuff doesn't do that. It just doesn't say "Team Serotta" to me . . .

That being said, I really like some of the apres bike clothing . . . I covet one of those Ibex jackets! And the beanie and the ball caps are cool, too. The t-shirts are kinda short on decoration though, unless there's a big "S" logo on the back or something.

BBD

sailorboy
11-29-2007, 02:24 AM
I picked up some of the socks in the hopes that they will be as nice as the woolistic ones that have been perennially out of stock. They are my favorite socks and the kind that I save for 'special' rides rather than everyday use. If serotta could make a nice, light sock that is good for all season use, and a little higher than the ankle on par with the woolistic ones, I'll buy a dozen pair.

Haven't received the ones I ordered yet, so the jury is still out.

I really like the looks of the jacket also, but its not in the budget at the moment.

Wish list? how about some nice Knickers?

sreeja
11-30-2007, 03:46 AM
I cannot purchase it.I like the colors and styles. :)

Elefantino
12-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I liked the jerseys with the "S" logo better.

The new ones look too generic.

The shorts blow. Life is too short to wear black shorts.

BURCH
12-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Love the S ball caps. Mine is such a conversation piece. People always want to know what the S is for. I explain.The new ones look good, but I wish you didn't get rid of the old style. Now I have to be ultra protective of the one I wear now.

Pete Serotta
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
I prefer the old style better also....maybe next year we can convince them to go back to ole style or have both.... :D

I am going to take all these notes and opinions over the next months and package and present to BEN. It will be spring for I do not do winters unless there is skiing..... :no:

Love the S ball caps. Mine is such a conversation piece. People always want to know what the S is for. I explain.The new ones look good, but I wish you didn't get rid of the old style. Now I have to be ultra protective of the one I wear now.

Pete Serotta
12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Hopefully you all will have some of the big "S" clothing in your stocking and under the tree ;) ;)

jpw
12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
A long sleeved jersey in yellow or orange would be nice. I don't like the Castelli logo. I never liked the Assos zip grips.