PDA

View Full Version : cross training..

bostondrunk
07-27-2004, 09:08 AM
ANyone here do any cross training during the race season? I have found that continuing my martial arts through the summer has helped a lot this year, usually I slack off in the summer. A good arse kicking by my buddy T. Sylvia reminded me of how good a workout I can get off the bike... :crap:

Dr. Doofus
07-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Dear Drunk,

I am most fond of running and screwing.

Your Humble Servant,

Dr. D. Doofus, Esq.

bostondrunk
07-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Hahaha, doc, I agree, my hips stay in fine shape year round, but sometimes the lass gets sore in the yoni, so other exercise is required! :beer: :banana:

Roy E. Munson
07-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Doofus,

If you want to seduce bostondrunk, could you please take it offline? :D

bostondrunk
07-27-2004, 09:30 AM
When is the tour de hedonism???!!!
and where is Sandy when we need someone to police a thread?!?!?! ;)

Andreu
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
I get really cross when people can't ride in a straight line in a chain gang....is that cross training?
A :bike:

William
07-27-2004, 03:15 PM
ANyone here do any cross training during the race season? I have found that continuing my martial arts through the summer has helped a lot this year, usually I slack off in the summer.

Hey BD, what are you training in? You rolling? Stand up? Both?

William

flydhest
07-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Sandy does a lot of cross training. He wears a dress while cycling.

William
07-28-2004, 09:08 AM
BD, Roy tells me your tuning up for a bout in the Octagon. Sandy's a tough one. :D You better switch Amstel lite bro. ;)

William :D

Roy E. Munson
07-28-2004, 09:13 AM
I throughly enjoy my Thursday evening in front of the tube watching my weekly UFC - I am a huge fan and can watch boxing or any form of full contact fighting all day. Why someone would practice any form where they are swinging and screaming at invisible opponents escapes me.

bostondrunk
07-28-2004, 09:13 AM
No octagon, but I know I could beat those suckas. Mostly Judo and kick boxing. Thai boxing interests me, ut its hard to ride with broken ribs and face... :banana:

bostondrunk
07-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Roy, I heard you were challenging Sandy to a vicious match of pocket pool in the octagon?? :D

William
07-28-2004, 10:31 AM
BD, you should come and play with us once I get classes going up there again. I'm negotiating on a location in Braintree. I was training folks out of Westwood but I had to put that on hold due to commitments training some LE groups for the DNC.

Muay Thai and Filipino Kali. We won't hurt you. :D I want everyone to be healthy so they can come back the next week. :banana:

What's better than cycling and fighting? Cyclefights? Hmmm.... :confused:

William

Dekonick
07-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah yeah...

Muay Thai and you say no one will get hurt? ROFLMAO

Ishin Ryu here, but its time to change to a softer style...besides my Sensai is retiring (his real job is as a HS teacher) and moving to the San Wan Isles...lucky guy...

Speaking of the arts, does anything hurt as bad as a broken rib? I wont spar with one cat I know after he (muay thai style...) landed a knee in my left chest..and I went down for the count. He dropped our Sensai the next week with the same move and aslo fractured one of his ribs too. I just remember It hurt to do just about everything...like breathe.

Muay Thai looks like a really hard style, kinda like Bando.

bostondrunk
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
William, how do you manage your time to train full time in martial arts and still be competitive in cat 2?
Man, the George Street TT in Worcester was painful last weekend...

bostondrunk
07-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Will,

Nice web page by the way! I searched under your name for race results (checking out the competition!!) and can't find a single thing. Are you pulling my leg trying to psych me out!!?? :D

William
07-28-2004, 01:14 PM
What's worse than a broken or bruised rib? Your idiot friends trying to make you laugh with a broken rib! :D :confused: :D

I know, it's hard to spar even lightly when your using knees and elbows. But hey, that's what a belly pad is for. Most systems don't know how to deal with the knees or vertical down elbows effectively which is bread & butter in MT. The beauty of it is that it's all gross motor movements. Everything is trained full power on the Thai pads. Incredible cardio training. No punching air Roy. ;)

BD:
Time management BD, time management. Up at 5:00 a.m. and down by 10:00 (usually). I own my own businesses so I have leeway. Besides, I have a MT bag and other gear set up in my shop so I can train anytime.Though, like I said earlier, I have not raced since about 98. Mostly early am training on the bike but I'll slip a ride in during the day if the time opens up. I'm just getting mileage in now and hope to jump back in next season. ;)

William

William
07-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks! :cool:

Are you pulling my leg trying to psych me out!!??

Oh, I would "NE-VER" try to psych out possible competition. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

William :D :D

Roy E. Munson
07-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Are you pulling my leg trying to psych me out!!??

I think this is likely the case, bd. Keep looking, I suspect you'll come up empty.

William
07-28-2004, 01:25 PM
That's my Roy! Always the optimist. :)

William