PDA

View Full Version : Touch-Up paint for Blue 1999 Legend?

StefanZ
11-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi: I am fixing up a beautiful 1999 stock geometry legend frame (bought recently). Can anyone tell me what color blues were used in 1999 and which could match the color of my frame (see picture)? Is touch-up paint available from Serotta?
Also, the decals on the chain stays are worn. Any reccomendations on how to get a replacement and how to apply them?
Thank you!

Best,

Stefan

dave thompson
11-25-2007, 11:27 PM
The color looks like BigBoy Blue.

The decals can be had from Serotta through your Serotta dealer. I've found that shops that paint bikes can also get Serotta decals.

Louis
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Also, the decals on the chain stays are worn. Any reccomendations on how to get a replacement and how to apply them?

Stefan,

Feel free to ignore this completely unsolicited opinion. (It is after all worth what you're going to pay for it.)

IMO Serotta sometimes goes overboard with decals, and to some folks the chainstay decals could just as well be left off. You might consider removing but not replacing those. Since those are on the Ti part of the frame it should be easy enough to do, and one less thing to deal with. Plus you have the added benefit of not having to hassle with them in the future.

Good luck. It's a nice frame.

Louis

Buzz
11-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Same as my 2000 Legend Ti: Big Boy Blue.

StefanZ
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Thank you all for your input.

best,

Stefan

Ahneida Ride
11-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Stefan,

IMO Serotta sometimes goes overboard with decals, and to some folks the chainstay decals could just as well be left off.
Good luck. It's a nice frame.

Louis

Amen ... A Serotta frame speaks for itself. Wish Serotta would nix the decals. Gee ..... Especially the chain stay ones. ;)

looks like Big Boy Blue .... Serotta has touch up paint I do believe.

nice frame by the way !

Ken Robb
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Rivendell recommends buying Testor's Model paint for touching up their frames. It comes in lots of shades. They say it's better than using the original Riv (JB?) paint because the original is meant to be sprayed on and the results aren't so good when applied with a brush. I took my Waterford to the toy store and found a perfect match for my blue flame paint--even the metal flake was correct. Some colors can also be matched with nail polish--I couldn't believe all the colors that I have never seen on a person's nails----and I'd like to keep it that way, I think. :banana: