PDA

View Full Version : malibu is burning again

swoop
11-24-2007, 08:21 AM
i can see hundred foot walls of flame.. its crazy windy.. helluva a sight to wake up to....

Fixed
11-24-2007, 08:31 AM
bro be safe imho

ti_boi
11-24-2007, 08:32 AM
i can see hundred foot walls of flame.. its crazy windy.. helluva a sight to wake up to....

That is intense....great view...btw.....SWOOP YOUR ON THE SPOT NEWS SOURCE....Be Safe...come on over to Jersey.

Bud_E
11-24-2007, 11:42 AM
That's an impressive photo. The biggest reason I hate Santa Ana winds. No rides up PCH today.

swoop
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
That's an impressive photo. The biggest reason I hate Santa Ana winds. No rides up PCH today.

did the donut ride. stern-o's last ride (see the post in http://www.belgiumkneewarmers.com about him) the wind is dying down.... which is good. looks like this one is between latigo and corral.

the fire is at the heart of where we all ride out here. latigo and trancas are all daily rides and landmarks... they've built up so much new housing there inthe last few years...

Bud_E
11-24-2007, 04:17 PM
I just got back from riding over the pass on Sepulveda and did a loop around the Valley. Because of the winds the air out in the Valley was very pleasant ( and at odd times I caught views of the smoke plume over the Malibu hills ). Coming back over the pass into West L.A. the air turned significantly worse just about immediately - you can see the smoke hanging there in the air. Luckily at that point it's mostly downhill with a tailwind :banana: .

Geez - with all the fires in Malibu, Topanga, etc. the last year or two, is there anything left to burn ?