PDA

View Full Version : New Bike

bielefeld
07-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Hi there from Germany,
I am thinking about buying a new Ti bike and I would like to know what the durability of a Legend frame is. My weight of 65kg shoul not be a problem I think.
I am riding about 12000km a year. Please tell me about your experience with the frame and if you ever had to replace a frame. What about the warranty?

Ahneida Ride
07-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Big Mac claims 80K Miles on his and as sweet as the first ride.

RABikes2
07-27-2004, 01:33 AM
I've owned my Legend Ti since Jan. 03 and by Aug. 04, I will have over 15,000 miles on her. I have pounded out many, many distance rides in all kinds of weather and terrain. She is the absolute sweetest ride ever! ;) No problems with the frame, etc. Rides like a dream. I attended the Serotta open house in June and got a tour of their factory. I knew I had a great bike, but after witnessing the quality and pride put into ever single frame that they make, I'm convinced Serotta is the only way to go! Ben and company are the best! :)

Dekonick
07-27-2004, 06:27 AM
I don't have a legend, but my Ti Serotta is sweet. It is alot like a legend, but the rear triangle is different - DKS with vibration dampeners (guess thats what you would call the silicone 'sandwich')

It is the most comfortable bike I have ever owned, and I am still dialing in the fit!

You can't go wrong with any Serotta.

Ken Lehner
07-27-2004, 08:13 AM
My '95 Legend Ti developed a crack in the chain stay bridge in 2003; Serotta fixed it and repainted it under warranty.