PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps

rpm
11-23-2007, 11:45 AM
My offseason bike has room for fenders but the chainstays aren't long enough for Honjos, so I've been using flexible SKS fenders. Since they're short and give me a lot of splash in heavy rain, I've been looking to add good mudflaps.

I found some great new mudflaps from Planet Bike. They have a new fender model, the Cascadia, which features long, contoured rubber mudflaps. It turns out that they can be bought separately, for only $5 for the pair, including neat snap fasteners:

http://ecom1.planetbike.com/7028_1.html

The flaps are slotted, so that the fender fits down into them, making a more secure connection. They come in different widths and they curve around the wheel. A great little product ATMO.

DarrenCT
11-23-2007, 11:56 AM
i really like this bike

its totally bombproof!

also, more pix pls

rpm
11-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Darren, you're right, the bike is bombproof. I asked Carl to build me a dirt road bike, and it's Montana-tough. Here are more pix:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=22354

Kirk007
11-23-2007, 12:38 PM
looks like they'll last longer than cut up water bottles!

Blue Jays
11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
What an awesome winter bike you have arranged for yourself! I'm anxious to someday obtain a more laid-back and fendered bike for use when the salt, sand, and gravel is prevalent on favorite training routes.
Hopefully you've been enjoying-the-daylights out of this bicycle.

wasfast
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Very nice to see a product that hits the need right on the head. It would seem to me that the fender mfg's should have included front and rear flaps a LONG TIME AGO and have a good design by now. Beats the 1/2 water bottle/antifreeze can/milk carton etc designs.

Fixed
11-23-2007, 04:56 PM
nice lookin bike imho
cheers

Too Tall
11-23-2007, 06:35 PM
My new fav. mud flaps :)

bironi
11-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Those are a nice design, but you may ask the guy on your fender what he thinks. :beer:

vaxn8r
11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Those are a nice design, but you may ask the guy on your fender what he thinks. :beer:
Yeah, his mud flap is fine for personal use. For group riding it pretty much needs to drag on the ground, maybe an inch or two up.

I velcro a piece of heavyweight material to the mud flap which I just pull off if I'm not riding with anyone else.

bob59
11-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Here is my Wet Ride for San Francisco!! Can someone please help me find my mechanic?? The entire staff of my shop City Cycle quit last week. I need to find Stefan my mechanic ASAP!!!!!!!