PDA

View Full Version : fixed is broken

Fixed
11-23-2007, 08:49 AM
bro i went mt biking on my fixed mt.bike what fun ..and all i ride is a fixed so i can't bring myself to ride a geared bike i have 2 an eddy merckx corsa and a cadd 7 but everytime i go out it's on my fixed .i want ride a geared bike but i can't bring myself to put all the race gear on.... on a fixed you can dress in everyday clothes too this change happened after my long lay off so....i don't get it ...
cheers :beer:

ti_boi
11-23-2007, 08:53 AM
bro i went mt biking on my fixed mt.bike what fun ..and all i ride is a fixed so i can't bring myself to ride a geared bike i have 2 an eddy merckx corsa and a cadd 7 but everytime i go out it on my fixed .i want ride a geared bike but i can't bring myself to put all the race gear on.... on a fixed you can dress in everyday clothes too this change happened after my long lay off so....i don't get it ...

Seeing someone on a bike in regular clothes always makes me think of Europe and/or a simpler time...and it is very chic.

Ken Robb
11-23-2007, 10:08 AM
80% of my riding is in "regular" clothes. Mostly B-17 or Arione saddles. All of my bikes have gears. None have race team paint jobs though. :banana:

vaxn8r
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
One year at STP I was riding with a group of about 10, many with micro bladders, we were stopping about every 30 minutes for someone to pee. Anyway, every time we stopped this guy rode past us wearing a buttoned long sleeve shirt, Cotton Dockers and Topsiders. He went 200 miles that day wearing street clothes!

Blue Jays
11-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Fixed, if your favorite fixed-gear bicycle is broken, just ride one of your geared bicycles while wearing the garments you prefer.
No muss, no fuss.

:beer:

RIHans
11-24-2007, 01:53 AM
*** Fixed...They have gears and shifters on these things, for quite a while now.

H_E_L_L_O!

Hans

Or, as my old chef would say, "Bonjour!"

Fixed
11-24-2007, 07:54 AM
bro i don't trust new tech.

no bro it's me that's broke i'm not the same cat i was a year ago monday makes a year .

hansolo758
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, in that case Bro Fixed, "Happy Birthday!"

molly22
11-24-2007, 04:46 PM
i think his beloved grandmother passed away last year.

fixed, it's hard. maybe you'll be riding no gears for a while.

fond thoughts of all who are not here with us.

Fixed
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
thank you
cheers