PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving from Afghanistan

Longdaddy
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Take a minute today and think about all that you are thankful for.

Have a great day today! :beer:

Longdaddy

Fixed
11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
thank you and to you also
cheers :beer:

stevep
11-22-2007, 10:09 AM
cheers longdaddy.

see you home soon.

mike p
11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
+1

Mike

Longdaddy

djg
11-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Ride and everything else safe -- and have a happy thanksgiving.

dave thompson
11-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your service and your sacrifices Longdaddy. Hope the holidays will be peaceful for your and your buddies.

My (no bike content) point of view:

My son is on his 3rd tour in Iraq, missing 3 Thanksgivings, 3 Christmases and 3 New Years here at home. Regardless of one's politics or views on the war, folks like Longdaddy and the rest go where they are told, do what they are supposed to do and spend long months away from families and loved ones. You can help these wonderful people by supporting the USO, VFW or any of the large number or organizations that help our gallant military men and women and their families.

This time of year is tough for them, some are away for the first time. Say a prayer, make a donation, do what you can.

stevep
11-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your service and your sacrifices Longdaddy. Hope the holidays will be peaceful for your and your buddies.

My son is on his 3rd tour in Iraq, missing 3 Thanksgivings, 3 Christmases and 3 New Years here at home. Regardless of one's politics or views on the war, folks like Longdaddy and the rest go where they are told, do what they are supposed to do and spend long months away from families and loved ones. You can help these wonderful people by supporting the USO, VFW or any of the large number or organizations that help our gallant military men and women and their families.

This time of year is tough for them, some are away for the first time. Say a prayer, make a donation, do what you can.

+1

rwsaunders
11-22-2007, 11:17 AM

Not much more than I can say. Be safe.

Bruce K
11-22-2007, 11:46 AM
+1000000

Bk

Volant
11-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Dave, Longdaddy and all others in service or with family in service. Thank you!
Cheers and be safe.

Bud_E
11-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I thank you.

Tailwinds
11-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving from Denver! :beer:

J.Greene
11-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Regardless of one's politics or views on the war, folks like Longdaddy and the rest go where they are told, do what they are supposed to do and spend long months away from families and loved ones.

Well said Dave. We should be thankful everyday for our veterans and active military.

JG

Ahneida Ride
11-22-2007, 01:31 PM

I'll be honest. I really have no idea of the hardships and true sacrifices
these guys are making. They endure more then I can even imagine.
Now lets count our blessings on this great USA celebration.

93legendti
11-22-2007, 01:59 PM

I'll be honest. I really have no idea of the hardships and true sacrifices these guys are making. They endure more then I can even imagine. Now lets count our blessings on this great USA celebration.

These two said it best. Thanks so much Longdaddy. PLEASE tell your fellow soldiers we care and support you.

pjm
11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Thank you and your comrades, and come home soon. :)

TriJim
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Longdaddy --

If you're at Bagram, stop in at the Red Cross Office (near Pax terminal) and say hello to my wife, Linda. She is one of the two folks that deliver all of the Red Cross messages in country. Tell her you own a Serotta and see if she rolls her eyes. :rolleyes:

Hope you had a good feast. Apparently long lines and no cranberry at 82d DFAC. :confused:

Jim Bruckart

Bill Bove
11-22-2007, 03:45 PM
+1 Dave T. There's more to supporting the troops than putting a yellow ribbon on your car. The USO is fantastic group of folks who really help take a guys mind off of where he's at and what's he's doing, even if it's for just a few minutes.
A note to your congressman to remind him not to cut funding for the VA isn't a bad idea either.

BumbleBeeDave
11-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Regardless of one's politics or views on the war, folks like Longdaddy and the rest go where they are told, do what they are supposed to do and spend long months away from families and loved ones. You can help these wonderful people by supporting the USO, VFW or any of the large number or organizations that help our gallant military men and women and their families.

. . . we are there, but I agree with Dave 1000%. It is what it is, and those who ARE over there deserve our fullest support of their human effort.

Well said, Mr. Thompson!

BBD

Javaman
11-22-2007, 05:04 PM
To all our troops currently serving in harm's way and to the rest of the US armed forces, where ever you might be, HAPPY THANKSGIVING and stay safe! :beer:

We are forever in debt for your great sacrifices...

Blue Jays
11-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Longdaddy, thanks for your sacrifices from a grateful country. I'm assuming you're stationed in Afghanistan. Keep up the great work you're doing.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Enjoy your dinners with families & friends.

gdw
11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks you for your dedication and sacrifice. I wish you and all our men and women in uniform a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

davids
11-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Thank you for your service and your sacrifices Longdaddy.

Regardless of one's politics or views on the war, folks like Longdaddy and the rest go where they are told, do what they are supposed to do and spend long months away from families and loved ones. You can help these wonderful people by supporting the USO, VFW or any of the large number or organizations that help our gallant military men and women and their families.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks to all who serve our country, and Happy Thanksgiving.

onekgguy
11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I've got so much to be thankful for that it's difficult to know where to begin. My health and family usually top the list but there's so much more. I'm especially thankful for folks like Longdaddy who have chosen a life of service to others. A tip of the hat to you as words aren't enough.

Kevin g

Longdaddy
11-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Longdaddy --

If you're at Bagram, stop in at the Red Cross Office (near Pax terminal) and say hello to my wife, Linda. She is one of the two folks that deliver all of the Red Cross messages in country. Tell her you own a Serotta and see if she rolls her eyes. :rolleyes:

Hope you had a good feast. Apparently long lines and no cranberry at 82d DFAC. :confused:

Jim Bruckart

Jim- next time I'm there I'll stop buy and give her a shout.

Thanks for the great comments. Ditto on the political view- just know the guys enjoy the support. This is the 5th Thanksgiving away from home for me since all this kicked off in 2001. However, everyone on my Team truly love what we do and hardly ever complain ( well, perhaps for the lack of pubs w/ a good Irish brew on Tap.....)

Be well, everyone.

Longdaddy
Captain, US Army Special Forces
Firebase Chamkani

Climb01742
11-23-2007, 07:17 AM
wish we had leaders equal to our soldiers.

rwsaunders
11-23-2007, 07:50 AM
wish we had leaders equal to our soldiers.

Another +1.

Stealth
11-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Say hi to my cousin Dave Rodriquez over there!

Chad Engle
11-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Drive on Longdaddy. You guys/gals are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Coming home is the most undescribable feeling, unfortunately you have to be gone to come home.

God Bless you and yours.

Bobbo
11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
God Bless all of our men and women serving in the military. You put yourself in harm's way over there so that we can be safe over here. Thank you.

Kevan
11-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Longdaddy

That we at home wish you the best. The very best.

Please be safe and come home soon.

PBWrench
11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Words of prayer for our soldiers:

Almighty God bless the valiant soldiers of the Coalition Forces who risk their lives to protect the welfare of all Your creation.

Protect them on land, in the air and in the sea. Guide them in peace, lead them toward peace, and return them speedily to their families alive and unharmed.