PDA

View Full Version : happy thanksgiving to all

stevep
11-21-2007, 03:38 PM
nice time of year.
hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving...

shinomaster
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks P! :beer:

rwsaunders
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
A salute to all as well. We need a wine avatar too. :beer:

Grant McLean
11-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Even though you guys always arrive at the holiday too late,
i'll still wish my south of the boarder pals a happy thanksgivin' anyway!

I told this story last year, but i'll say it again...
When in florida a couple of years ago during thanksgiving weekend,
I mentioned to a store clerk that Canada clebrates Thanksgiving on the 2nd monday
of October... to which she replied: "when do y'all celebrate Christmas?"

-g

Blue Jays
11-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving feast!
Grant, we'll have to think of you in early-October for your Thanksgiving celebration next year!

Bud
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I mentioned to a store clerk that Canada clebrates Thanksgiving on the 2nd monday

That reminds me of when people ask my wife (who is an Aussie) if they celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas in Australia. These are generally the same people who think her Visa is a credit card...

Hapyy Thanksgiving, everyone! :beer: I hope you all have a nice holiday and get to spend some quality time with your loved ones. Remember those who are less fortunate.

davids
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
That reminds me of when people ask my wife (who is an Aussie) if they celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas in Australia. These are generally the same people who think her Visa is a credit card......and then there are those of us in the USA who don't celebrate Christmas! Every once in a while I still run into people who can't wrap their tiny minds around that...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We have so much for which to be grateful. It's nice to take some time and reflect on our good fortune.

J.Greene
11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Even though you guys always arrive at the holiday too late,
i'll still wish my south of the boarder pals a happy thanksgivin' anyway!

-g

I wish you guys would keep summer on the same weekend every year.

Have a nice Holiday everyone.

JG

rwsaunders
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
That reminds me of when people ask my wife (who is an Aussie) if they celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas in Australia. These are generally the same people who think her Visa is a credit card...

Hapyy Thanksgiving, everyone! :beer: I hope you all have a nice holiday and get to spend some quality time with your loved ones. Remember those who are less fortunate.

Do they have a 4th of July in England? Who's buried in Grant's tomb? I love those kind of puzzlers.

Bud
11-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Do they have a 4th of July in England? Who's buried in Grant's tomb? I love those kind of puzzlers.

The best one was when someone told her "you speak real [sic] good English, dear. Where'd you learn that?"

BumbleBeeDave
11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Same old forum!

Happy Turkey Day to ALL--yes, even you, Jerk!

BBD

DarrenCT
11-21-2007, 09:14 PM
happy thanksgiving friends! be sure to have a cold one as well

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3947/roguejuniperturkeythankpd8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

manet
11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/ml/stuffed.wav

Ginger
11-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Your_Friend!
11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes Friends!

Glad_Tidings

To All!

Merry Up

Thyselves

And Give_Thanks!

Even_If

Just For

Your_Breath!

Love,
Your_Friend!

Bud_E
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
+1

Back atcha.

Kevin
11-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your families. :beer:

Kevin

Fixed
11-22-2007, 06:52 AM
bro thanks giving tp uncle ben an co .and to everyone here
cheers one reason to ride to be able to over eat imho enjoy bro you earned it
cheers

Kevan
11-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Just back from a casual 2 hour ride with the Chappaqua boys (photo soon to follow). A foggy-wet start, in the 40's, but the sun eventually won out and we ended with a beautiful morning. I hope some of you others get to do the same.

Next: a Christmas morning ride. Weather permitting.

ti_boi
11-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.....Make it a wonderful one :beer:

dbrk
11-22-2007, 08:28 AM
There's a fun story in the NYTimes today about people who keep turkeys and feel sentimental about them. I like this part,
"The passing of other adopted turkeys is marked more somberly. Anne Shroeder runs the small Star Gazing Farm in Montgomery County, Md. Like other shelters, it is dedicated to keeping animals out of the hands of omnivores.
A month ago, a turkey of hers named Mr. Bill died for reasons even a necropsy hasn’t been able to parse out. So Ms. Shroeder held a little funeral. She displayed his photograph, and someone read a couple of poems."

Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/22/dining/22turkey.html?hp

Don't you just love people? And if you love turkeys that's fine with me too, eat them or pamper them, as you please.

dbrk
who thinks they (people, turkeys, etc) may be more than functional depending on your values...(re: that other thread about watches and consumption)

rasterdogs
11-22-2007, 10:01 AM
DBRK failed to mention if the bird wore a watch.

:banana:

-JimD