PDA

View Full Version : today

Fixed
11-21-2007, 07:54 AM
bro what a great day to be alive ..not much traffic and nice upper 60 's in the a.m. perfect .. thank you god .. take a ride today if you can and give thanks to this life you have imho
cheers

Bill Bove
11-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Windy as all hellp on this side of the dangle Fixed. Has been for a week, I hate wind. But all in all I've got to agree with you. Life is good.

justinf
11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Great ride this morning, around 30 miles before work, sunny and about 45'. Leaves are at their peak in Charlotte and the maples are like riding through clouds of gold and fire. Amazing. . . cheers guys.

Tom
11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Getting back on the bike for the first time in a while tomorrow. Forty degrees and rainy, but who cares? You're right. Things are going good right now.

J.Greene
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
bro what a great day to be alive ..not much traffic and nice upper 60 's in the a.m. perfect .. thank you god .. take a ride today if you can and give thanks to this life you have imho
cheers

I'm leaving the office early today. I'm gonna get 2 hours of nice 70 degree riding in.

JG

redir
11-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I did my 5 mile commute this morning and it was sure nice to see so few cars. I'll be going out again later today for a nice easy stroll. Supposed to hit low 70's in the Virginia mountains today :beer:

Fixed
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Great ride this morning, around 30 miles before work, sunny and about 45'. Leaves are at their peak in Charlotte and the maples are like riding through clouds of gold and fire. Amazing. . . cheers guys.
nice bro we don't have leaves like that here thanks
cheers :beer:

Kevan
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Out at 6am with pal in tow, for an hour's romp. The sky had and still has a heavy overcast and the morning light took its fine time reaching us. The air was armwarmer and vest temp and the roads were plenty wet from the rains of yesterday. Wasn't until 6:30 that I could turn off my head beam; not that its does much, but say "Hey, here I am!"

Great start to the morning. Doing it again tomorrow before she-who-must-be-obeyed has to be obeyed.

julia
11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
sunny 2 days in a row, gonna do the waterfront ride to the studio. takes me through a trainyard then into a park, sea air and a ship loading grain, then the new sculpture garden. . .short but beautiful. and home in the dark up the hill. good to be alive.

sg8357
11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
55 degrees, clear skies and a bright moon to ride by.
Had the best turn out, 7 riders. The trail had so many
leaves that you couldn't tell road from grass at times.
Exiting part, skidding the tires down Adams.
26 miles at a brisk pace, chocolate milk and cashews apres ride.

Scott G.

equipment note, Dinotte taillight is distracting as h*ll on a group ride.

Ozz
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
sunny 2 days in a row, gonna do the waterfront ride to the studio. takes me through a trainyard then into a park, sea air and a ship loading grain, then the new sculpture garden. . .short but beautiful. and home in the dark up the hill. good to be alive.
yeah...can you believe this weather? My memories of Thanksgiving as a kid are of wind storms and power outages! :beer:

I'll be out tomorrow morning for a ride.....then some cooking for dinner at the in-laws.

I have to work on Friday, but the kids are spending the night at the in-laws so I can ride in then too!

It may not seem like a big deal to a lot of folks here, but riding two days in row is pretty rare for me....and in sunshine no less! :banana:

fiamme red
11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Did the full commute this morning, 25 miles to the office. I may add a few miles on the way home. Have to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.

Volant
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Windy as all hellp on this side of the dangle Fixed. Has been for a week, I hate wind. But all in all I've got to agree with you. Life is good.

Has anyone else ever cussed out loud at the wind while riding?
Before the corn comes up in central Illinois it can be constantly windy (60 mph gusts not uncommon). I can remember riding into a 30-40+ mph headwind as a storm was coming in and I was trying to get home and looking down at my computer and reading 6 mph. And I was busting my *** to do that! I remember yelling out loud, "C'mon already, give me a break!" and then it started to hail. That hurt!
I think we had 8 tornadoes near out house that year (I also think that was a record year for IL with 80). Here's one from along my route back then. I remember thinking if I can just get ahead of that, then I'll have a nice tailwind!
Today is nice and almost 70! Time to go ride.

Fat Robert
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
hey volant

i grew up in normal

great day today...75 with a 15-25mph wind...i think its gonna rain tomorrow

shinomaster
11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
I drank too much coffee today! The Kraftwerk I'm listening to makes me happy and joyful! :banana: Time to plug in the ipod and turbo train!

Fixed
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
bro you know we are lucky to live in the beautiful places that we call home . you don't have to go far to find beauty you just have to open your heart
cheers imho

J.Greene
11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
I got 2 hours in today with best riding bud b.harrell. Temp was low 70's and we had the pleasure of getting lost. I love when you don't know where the hell you are.

JG

Andreas
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Just the commute.
It had snowed abut 3 inches yesterday and it was 22F at 5:00 when I left.
Snow will be gone by mid April hopefully.

Will mount the Nokians tomorrow, snow had come a bit earlier than I had thought.

justinf
11-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Mtn bike ride this afternoon. . .the nc singletrack was gorgeous but covered in leaves, and as such I went down soft once and hard the next. A little beat up but worth it, really fast and with a fast west coast rider. Way fun.

Then, a lap around the lake with the family at dusk. Perfect.

Fixed
11-22-2007, 07:40 AM
short fix ride ( they all are on the fix ) then out to the trails for some fixed gear mt bikin home for turkey with some bros and family
and some :beer: cheers my best to you and yours

J.Greene
11-22-2007, 07:46 AM
short fix ride ( they all are on the fix ) then out to the trails for some fixed gear mt bikin home for turkey with some bros and family
and some :beer: cheers my best to you and yours

Have a good day my friends. I'm chained to the smoker today, having to add more wood about every 30 min. I'd probably be single if it were not for my skills at the smoker atmo.

JG

Fixed
11-22-2007, 07:51 AM
bro would n't it be cool if we could pop out of the desk top and say hi ? it would be fun to get a glimpse of thanksgiving at the bros on the forum .
cheers but i guess that is what we do pop out and say hi so ..hello bros