"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

the best bike?
iPod, no iPod
carbon or steel
American made or Made in the USA?
tubulars or clinchers

Sandy or Kevan

the list can go on and on. i am not some PC human resource monkey who clebrates diversity...just someone who has ridden and raced bikes since I was 13 (now 35). But what makes the sport fun, is all of the choices that are available to us.

[begin hand holding speech]in the spirit of the holiday in a few days, let's all pause and give thanks that we can participate in such an awesome sport... [/end hand holding speech]

alembical
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
agreed.

And as Thanksgiving approaches, I think we all owe a big Thanks to Serotta for hosting this, the moderators for having to deal with us, and all the participants for making this place great.

I do not post much, but really enjoy reading the threads.

Thanks everyone!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Alembical

Tom
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal. - Sir Winston Churchill

I just like it.

weisan
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
SWorks-pal, I agree with you.

Just a small note however.

We are never the original thinkers. If we think we are, we have probably thought too highly of ourselves.

That original thinker award is already been taken up by somebody higher and wiser than all of us.

Test and approve.

And after you have done that, submit to one another in love.

Viper
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm really upset with Aflac.

Bruce K
11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
So we noticed. :D

Maybe we can sic PETA or the ASPCA on them.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all whether home or traveling, with family or friends

Hopefully none of us will be alone at this special time of year.

BK

Viper
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
God Bless all, everyone. Aside, I was at the gas station a few months ago talking to a random dude who was waiting for his car as well. The topic was sci-fi, dunno how it started, we went into string theory, metaphysics and of course we touched on Princess Leia and Star Wars (and Jodi Foster in Contact, I <3 Jodi Foster).

We spoke of the universe, where it began and where it ends when he said, "There is no ending, everything we know in our own universe touches something else; the ocean touches land, the land touches air, our air touches space."

Happy Thanksgiving, may your baskets of lotion overflow. And know this, every E-Richie lug touches a part of the frame.

PS. Please boycott Aflac. :)

SWorks4me
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
The topic was sci-fi, dunno how it started,

Maybe it was the bumper sticker (http://www.voltron.com/main.asp)

Ozz
11-20-2007, 01:32 PM
...Aside, I was at the gas station a few months ago talking to a random dude who was waiting for his car as well....
face to face conversation??!!??.....dude... :no: ....you should have set up a my space profile and told him to meet you there.....real conversation is so 20th century. ;)

Plug in, tune out, multi-task.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Viper
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe it was the bumper sticker (http://www.voltron.com/main.asp)

Atmo

swoop
11-20-2007, 02:03 PM
no hating.. its all always in fun.

shinomaster
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I feel joy and love toward all in the world today!

Your_Friend!
11-20-2007, 02:12 PM

Shinomaster!

That Is The Spirit!

Bring Joy And Light

To The World!

Love,
Y_F!

Conratulations On Your Muddy_Race!

shinomaster
11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Shinomaster!

That Is The Spirit!

Bring Joy And Light

To The World!

Love,
Y_F!

Conratulations On Your Muddy_Race!

Happy Holidays!!! Did you race lil' penguin?

Kevan
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

the best bike?
iPod, no iPod
carbon or steel
American made or Made in the USA?
tubulars or clinchers

We didn't make the top five list. But then nobody in their right mind thinks like us.

Everyday, I look for a slice of thanksgiving. Or apple pie, whichever comes first.

Bill Bove
11-20-2007, 05:36 PM

jeez, take a pill for that, will ya. love and joy? grrrrrr...

Sandy
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
We didn't make the top five list. But then nobody in their right mind thinks like us.

Everyday, I look for a slice of thanksgiving. Or apple pie, whichever comes first.

I'll give you a slice ot Thanksgiving. It will cost me less. :)

Tom Turkey

14max
11-20-2007, 06:53 PM

chuckroast
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Maybe on Thursday, when we are all approaching our turkey comas, we can have an apple versus pumpkin pie debate.

Wait a minute, I didn't check, maybe it's already been done.

Campy= Apple
Shimano= Pumpkin

Fixed
11-20-2007, 08:06 PM
helmet or not
red bikes are faster ...is not
and ac is junk .....is n ....i can only go so far ..
imho
cheers

rounder
11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
love the bikes...love the forum. Thanks serotta. Thanks all.

mikki
11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
What I love about this forum?

The friends I have made here. The knowledge I have gained about riding, other people and myself. The awesome bike I now ride.

What do I hate? That I am disliked by some on this forum and that there is nothing I know of that will change their opinion of me.

Like S-Works, it is the love of cycling that brought me here and it is that and the people that keep me returning.

Happy Thanksgiving from Texas!! (just visiting)

BumbleBeeDave
11-22-2007, 05:07 PM
What do I hate? That I am disliked by some on this forum and that there is nothing I know of that will change their opinion of me.

. . . far outnumber your enemies!

BBD