PDA

View Full Version : Review of Compac Double

Smiley
07-25-2004, 11:54 AM
I finally had my wife's Legend refitted with the New Ritchey compac double. The 50/34 combo's is great according to the wife who sought out the local hills to see if she likes them. The rear cassette is still 12-27 and she claims to be 2 gears lower on the cassette for every climb. I think the fit and finish could be better for a Ritchey Product but its better than the Alum. FSA set up I have seen. Still T/A is the hands down winner. If considering this set up for you or the wife , my advice is do it.

JackL
07-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I have the FSA carbon 110 bcd 50/34 on one bike and TA Zephyr 50/34 on another. The TA is prettier (which means a lot to me), and has a lower Q with a 110 mm bb spindle. The FSA shifts better and feels a little stiffer. I suppose the stiffness in the FSA could be due to the Shimano bb versus the square taper Phil in the TA.

Living (as I do) in a hilly area, I can't think of a good reason to go back to 130/135 bcd cranks. At the end of a long ride, it's nice to have the option of sitting down on the last couple of uphills before home.

Jack