PDA

View Full Version : HSG Carbon and Ti Frames

mso
11-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Anyone ever ride either of these frames? If so what was the ride like?

kerrycycle
11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I have an HSG Carbon & I absolutely love it. Step on the pedals and the bike turns every bit of your energy into forward momentum. That being said, it is a true race frame with very aggressive geometry. For a racer like me, this bike is a dream.

I have had the frame for almost 3 months and have put a lot of miles on it. This time of year, I am putting in a lot of base miles with a 4 hour ride every weekend. Even with a minimalist saddle (Specialized Toupe), the ride is comfortable & does not wear you out like other race bikes that compromise comfort for stiffness. This bike gives up neither. The bike is incredibly stable, even when riding with hands off the handlebars. That being said, the handling is incredibly precise due to the short headtube. I would not put a beginner or anyone without good bike handling skills on this frame because the geometry is so aggressive. Furthermore, if you like a taller headtube that gives a more upright position (i.e. Specialize Roubiax, Fierte), this bike is not for you. However, if you like a decent amount of saddle to handlebar drop, you will be fine. Because the handling is so spot-on, it has taken me a little while to get comfortable when descending at 40+ mph on it.

PM me with other questions.