PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Dollar

J.Greene
11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I just sent some paypal funds north of the border. I got less than one Canadian $ for my US $.

I hope you take advantage of this Grant and start drinking good beer atmo.

JG

TMB
11-16-2007, 10:18 PM
I just sent some paypal funds north of the border. I got less than one Canadian $ for my US $.

JG

Been this way for a couple of months now.

LAst week the difference was 10 cents. down to about 3.5 or 4 cents today.

Welcome to a new reality - however long it lasts.

I guess as long as we keep producing as much oil as we do..........

sokyroadie
11-17-2007, 06:56 AM

JG

All the Canadian "'Snowbirds" will be happy!

Jeff

Richard
11-17-2007, 06:58 AM
If you ever go through a toll booth on the NYS Thruway, notice the rate if you try to pay with Canadian -- $0.75. That should fix our budget deficit.

Grant McLean
11-17-2007, 07:05 AM

JG

Just look at this chart of the value of the USA $ to the Canadian dollar !

When I ordered a frame from a certain American builder back in '03,
the rate was x 1.6 which seems like a bad dream now. A $2500 frame
cost me $4000. Last week, when the USA dollar hit the low of $.91
a David Kirk would cost me $2180.

The issue is serious for retail, tourism, and exports from Canada now.
Consumers from Canada are ordering on-line from USA retailers,
since many prices here now are much higher than what they cost us if
we convert the prices to USA dollars.

So Florida should expect to be invaded by Canadians as soon as the snow
starts to fly here...

-g

93legendti
11-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Just look at this chart of the value of the USA $ to the Canadian dollar !

When I ordered a frame from a certain American builder back in '03,
the rate was x 1.6 which seems like a bad dream now. A $2500 frame
cost me $4000. Last week, when the USA dollar hit the low of $.91
a David Kirk would cost me $2180.

The issue is serious for retail, tourism, and exports from Canada now.
Consumers from Canada are ordering on-line from USA retailers,
since many prices here now are much higher than what they cost us if
we convert the prices to USA dollars.

So Florida should expect to be invaded by Canadians as soon as the snow
starts to fly here...

-g
Where's the 30 year chart?

zap
11-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I remember taking family trips to NY from Montreal in the mid 70's. Canadian dollar was strong then but not as strong as it is now.

CC companies are enjoying this situation as much as retailers in Buffalo and Plattsburgh. Those currency transaction fees add up quick.

znfdl
11-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh sh*t, those ice wines are really going to be expensive.

Avispa
11-17-2007, 08:30 AM
So Florida should expect to be invaded by Canadians as soon as the snow starts to fly here...

Hey,

Great news... I rather have you folk come down here than the obnoxious NYC tourists!

Well, come on down and show some people here, those great Canadian manners. ;)

..A..

dave1215
11-17-2007, 08:31 AM
hey, why is canada a separate country anyway?

:D :D :D

csm
11-17-2007, 08:36 AM
It's a seperate country? I thought it was a county in Michigan?

zap
11-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh sh*t, those ice wines are really going to be expensive.

Yes.

Our stash is depleted. However, my mom always brings down a bottle or two of Inniskillin. You might find some in the better stores in VA at the "old" price.

Ahneida Ride
11-17-2007, 09:51 AM
The "dollar" ain't a dollar .... it's a frn .... fed reserve note

An unbacked shopping coupon created by a private corporation (the fed)
created outa thin air to sustain the national debt and then counterfeited
up to an additional 9 times by fractional reserve.

Inflation is frn dilution. Hyper frn dilution is coming.

Fat Robert
11-17-2007, 09:53 AM
looks like marinonis are no longer a bargain

J.Greene
11-17-2007, 10:31 AM
The "dollar" ain't a dollar .... it's a frn .... fed reserve note

An unbacked shopping coupon created by a private corporation (the fed)
created outa thin air to sustain the national debt and then counterfeited
up to an additional 9 times by fractional reserve.

Inflation is frn dilution. Hyper frn dilution is coming.

Dude,

Please leave this out of threads I start.
JG

Grant McLean
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Where's the 30 year chart?

It seems like Bush has been President for 30 years, doesn't it...

-g

93legendti
11-17-2007, 11:37 AM
It seems like Bush has been President for 30 years, doesn't it...

-g

No, it doesn't seem that President Bush has been president for 30 years. It does seem like 30 years since the USA has been attacked by terrorists, thou.
I'll bet it feels nice that we are watching your southern border for you. You're welcome.

Onno
11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
hey, why is canada a separate country anyway?
:D :D :D

Yes, Canada should be able to annex some of the northern states soon. Or just buy them. :banana:

John H.
11-17-2007, 03:20 PM
It is making all the canadians go crazy on e-bay.
They go after all my $1 minimum auctions without even checking that shipping to Canada is $20. The they ask you to put a low value on it so customs doesn't kill them!

Grant McLean
11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I'll bet it feels nice that we are watching your southern border for you. You're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

-g

DukeHorn
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
It does seem like 30 years since the USA has been attacked by terrorists, thou.

errrr no.

As someone who's had to write an opinion on Yoo's torture memos and lived 2 miles from the Pentagon on the day it was hit, it hasn't felt like 30 years since 9/11.

Having to watch an incompetent AG has been tiresome. Watching ineffectual Republican and Democratic Congresses has been painful. Trying to document the logic that going to an always accessible magistrate to get wiretap warrants is too difficult is infuriating. Listening to my State Department friends in Korea, Brazil, and Croatia complain about increasing anti-Americanism has been frustrating. Going to war over WMDs and finding zilch has been galling. Smiling as I hear speeches that it's EASY to set up democracies in the Middle East was excruciating (my undergrads could and did say that it wasn't going to happen).

But whatever, things are going swimming here in the States for some folks.

Keep on banging the terrorism drum to scare people :crap:

93legendti
11-21-2007, 04:03 PM
errrr no.

As someone who's had to write an opinion on Yoo's torture memos and lived 2 miles from the Pentagon on the day it was hit, it hasn't felt like 30 years since 9/11.

Having to watch an incompetent AG has been tiresome. Watching ineffectual Republican and Democratic Congresses has been painful. Trying to document the logic that going to an always accessible magistrate to get wiretap warrants is too difficult is infuriating. Listening to my State Department friends in Korea, Brazil, and Croatia complain about increasing anti-Americanism has been frustrating. Going to war over WMDs and finding zilch has been galling. Smiling as I hear speeches that it's EASY to set up democracies in the Middle East was excruciating (my undergrads could and did say that it wasn't going to happen).

But whatever, things are going swimming here in the States for some folks.

Keep on banging the terrorism drum to scare people :crap:

err, YES, THAT IS HOW IT FEELS TO ME, 30 years since we have been attacked--unlike the 90's when there was an attack in '93, '95, '96, '98 and '00.

And if you read the news carefully, you'd know that Al Qaeda (the same Al Qaeda that declared Iraq was the center of their worldwide jihad) is being pushed to the brink in Iraq because of the brilliant strategy of Gen. Petraeus, the courage of our troops and the backlash from the Iraqi citizens who are sick and tired of Al Qaeda's ways. Of course, the NY Times won't print any of this because they want Iraq to be a failure so a Democrat can win.

And the same blockheads said the Marshall plan would not work and Japan and Germany would not become democracies. Sure.

Thanks again for telling me the way I feel is wrong.

Grant McLean
11-21-2007, 04:22 PM
err, YES, THAT IS HOW IT FEELS TO ME, 30 years since we have been attacked--unlike the 90's when there was an attack in '93, '95, '96, '98 and '00.

And if you read the news carefully, you'd know that Al Qaeda (the same Al Qaeda that declared Iraq was the center of their worldwide jihad) is being pushed to the brink in Iraq because of the brilliant strategy of Gen. Petraeus, the courage of our troops and the backlash from the Iraqi citizens who are sick and tired of Al Qaeda's ways. Of course, the NY Times won't print any of this because they want Iraq to be a failure so a Democrat can win.

And the same blockheads said the Marshall plan would not work and Japan and Germany would not become democracies. Sure.

Let's give thanks, and change the subject!

http://www2.tku.edu.tw/~tf/the_Tamkang_Times/20021109/Snoopy.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving !

-g

norman neville
11-21-2007, 04:35 PM

i for one am thankful i didn't miss this.

petraeus. brilliant.

jfc, that's some funny stuff.

stand up and salute, boys!!

stevep
11-21-2007, 04:45 PM
last year grant would gingerly pull out a canadian dollar to pay a bar tab in the usa...and ask how much more they needed....
this year he flings it down on the counter and demands change,...

arrogant canadian.

we shoulda taken over canada instead of owning iraq...
they probably would not have cared..and we coulda returned from montreal without meeting up w/o some us border guard torturing us..

93legendti
11-21-2007, 04:45 PM
i for one am thankful i didn't miss this.

petraeus. brilliant.

jfc, that's some funny stuff.

stand up and salute, boys!!

Yes, I long for the good old days. But not the days when Sandy Berger (the felon who intentionally destroyed classified documents before the 9/11 commission could read them and then lied about it) was the National Security Advisor. How'd he escape jail time?

Or when Janet Reno was the AG (the child killer of Waco--tell me again why she ordered the attack on that compound).

Or Madeline Albright (the hostess of the terrorist crowd--under her State Department, Arafat was THE most frequent foreign visitor at the White House). I can see how people are upset with Pres. Bush' choices.

norman neville
11-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, I long for the good old days. But not the days when Sandy Berger (the felon who intentionally destroyed classified documents before the 9/11 commission could read them and then lied about it) was the National Security Advisor. How'd he escape jail time?

Or when Janet Reno was the AG (the child killer of Waco--tell me again why she ordered the attack on that compound).

Or Madeline Albright (the hostess of the terrorist crowd--under her State Department, Arafat was THE most frequent foreign visitor at the White House). I can see how people are upset with Pres. Bush' choices.

arafat was my hero!

93legendti
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM
arafat was my hero!

Ever wonder what he died from and why his wife and child lived in Paris, not with him?

Anyway, Grant, as usual is right. Let's give thanks. To the great people of North America. Salute.

norman neville
11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Ever wonder what he died from and why his wife and child lived in Paris, not with him?

Anyway, Grant, as usual is right. Let's give thanks. To the great people of North America. Salute.

of the world! white, black, brown, red, yellow, and plaid!

and to the freedom fighters everywhere! you are the blessed, honored brave!!