PDA

View Full Version : My Wife the Dumpster Diver - shoes for sale

Clydesdale
11-16-2007, 09:43 AM
My wife works for a local ministry organization that reaches out to young girls who are pregnant and in need of help, including a local maternity home. To fund these programs, they have a permanent garage sale storefront where donations are taken and then sold. The lady who runs that store must sort through stuff and price what she thinks will sell and dumpster the rest.

So this morning I notice a small bag on the table with a pair of shoes in it. I ask about it and my wife tells me that she saw the shoes in the dumpster, recognized they were biking shoes and thought they might be decent. I open the bag and find a pair of Sidi Genius - size 36 - in fantastic shape that look like they have have maybe 500 miles on them. I tell my wife that she did well and it would have been a shame for these to go to the landfill.

We decided that I'll list the shoes and we will donate the sale back to the materinity home. So if anyone needs a very nice pair of shoes, please take a look at the classifieds.

Kevan
11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
to a size 45?

Good for you all!

Clydesdale
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I have to admit I wouldn't be selling them.

The poor lady at the store probably looked at them, thought "These would be impossible to walk in", and chucked them in the garbage. She would probably be floored to know that they cost someone a couple hundred bucks to start with. Makes me wonder how they even ended up with them at the store.

spiderman
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
they really take me back
to when my kids were young
and first riding on the tandem.
i splurged and bought a pair of those
for my youngest daughter who outgrew them after one season.
i'm sure they aren't in that great of shape after all these years, though.
it's been so long since she's worn them
i'm not even sure i could put my finger on them at this point!
someone is really going to enjoy these!!!
kudos to your wife,
what a blessing
to have such a great eye!