stevep
11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
who knew?

ButtedMoron
11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
fat head didn't give it away

znfdl
11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
maybe the asterisk will become permanent.

roman meal
11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
who knew?

I'm sure all of the steroid users out there are offended by this kind of judgmental talk. Cut it out or I'll start posting more.

saab2000
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm sure all of the steroid users out there are offended by this kind of judgmental talk. Cut it out or I'll start posting more.

Is that a threat? Or a promise? :D

14max
11-15-2007, 06:10 PM

stevep
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM

calm down roman.
have yrself a chimay before you use the hgh... itll smooth out the trip.
like i told you.

t. swartz
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
and ricky williams rejoins the miami dolphins... :crap:

stevep
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
and ricky williams rejoins the miami dolphins... :crap:

i wish i had his quote...
something like...

" i know when they're testing me and they pay me 3 million a year... but if i wanna smoke a joint the night before the test...i just do it anyway...i'd rather give up football than quit smoking..."

ahhh, beautiful. a man of principal.
he must have run out of "nickels" to buy nickel bags atmo.

fiamme red
11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
What a shame. Barry is such a lovable person.

jhcakilmer
11-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Man, the feds definitely take their time......who's next Lance......they've had more than enough time.

Viper
11-16-2007, 07:56 AM
It all started from a State of the Union address. Everyone mocked that speech...little did the world know how right that speech was.

I have 12 Bonds rookie cards, I should've sold them last summer; I could've bought a Sachs frame with the money, now I couldn't buy a Sachs water bottle with the cards.

stevep
11-16-2007, 08:08 AM
It all started from a State of the Union address. Everyone mocked that speech...little did the world know how right that speech was.

I have 12 Bonds rookie cards, I should've sold them last summer; I could've bought a Sachs frame with the money, now I couldn't buy a Sachs water bottle with the cards.

viper,
ill give you a sachs water bottle for the cards.
does it have to be new?

DarrenCT
11-16-2007, 08:10 AM

vipah, how much coin were the cards worth last summer? per card?

Tom
11-16-2007, 08:16 AM
I haven't followed it closely, but it sounds like they think they have proof (beyond a reasonable doubt) that he <knew> he was juicing. This should be interesting to follow.

goonster
11-16-2007, 08:21 AM
baseball loved Barry
reluctantly but don't lie
to a grand jury

Viper
11-16-2007, 08:29 AM
vipah, how much coin were the cards worth last summer? per card?

I saw some crazy numbers of EBay. I'll sell the Bonds cards, but they'll never rip my rifle or my Don Mattingly rookie card from my cold, dead hands.

Viper
11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
viper,
does it have to be new?

I'm all about Bacon these days, I even capitalize the word. I'll trade for Bacon, wanna make a deal.

Climb01742
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
bonds has always played a tough guy with the press. in prison, he may find out what tough actually is.

William
11-16-2007, 09:02 AM
viper,
does it have to be new?

I've got a box of sachs water bottles that mysteriously show up in my mailbox...one at a time....every month....like clockwork. And yes, they are used. :crap:

Know anything about that stevep? :butt:

William

stevep
11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I've got a box of sachs water bottles that mysteriously show up in my mailbox...one at a time....every month....like clockwork. And yes, they are used. :crap:

Know anything about that stevep? :butt:
William

yep,
plus i need you to visit davids..
he's behind on his lease payments for some cassettes...
way behind.

davids
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
yep,
plus i need you to visit davids..
he's behind on his lease payments for some cassettes...
way behind.
Jeez steve. Just gimme a chance. I can't seem to get my ipod to load them.

http://www.dustcatchers.com/barbie/elvis8t.jpg

victoryfactory
11-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Look, I'm certainly no Barry fan but, I wish the "authorities" would stop
treating these sports dopers like hardened criminals.
Fine 'em, suspend 'em, kick 'em out... but yikes, All the guy did was juice, and
then lie about it. It's not like he killed somebody.

VF

14max
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM

sg8357
11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Fine 'em, suspend 'em, kick 'em out... but yikes, All the guy did was juice, and

VF

Barry should have signed with BlackWater, I hear they have a killer softball team.

Scott G.

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2007, 12:59 PM

VF

. . . he lied about it to a federal grand jury. Not a good idea. That's just the way it is.

BBD

m_moses
11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
All the guy did was juice

He's not in trouble for juicing . . . he's in trouble for lying to a grand jury.

Sandy
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM

VF

I must agree with that. He did drugs, was afraid of being caught. Lied about it and now he is in major trouble. His life is forever changed. He has turmoil that most of us cannot even relate to. In the hierarchy of crime, it is nothing compared to what some do to others, on a daily basis.

Sandy

Sandy
11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
He's not in trouble for juicing . . . he's in trouble for lying to a grand jury.

True. That is a crime. One for which he could serve time in jail, I assume. But who did he really hurt by lying? Himself really. If he had simply told the truth, he would not be in the legal/criminal position in which he finds himself. He undoutedly hurt the integrity of baseball, his own integrity and legacy, but he did no person on person crime. Who did he really hurt, other than himself, baseball fans, and the integrity of the game of baseball?

Stellar Shortstop Serotta Sandy

m_moses
11-16-2007, 01:24 PM
now there's gonna be hell to pay . . .

gdw
11-16-2007, 01:26 PM
The guy could have told the truth or taken the 5th but chose to lie and should pay for it.

victoryfactory
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
. . . he lied about it to a federal grand jury. Not a good idea. That's just the way it is.

BBD

That's my point. This kind of stuff should not get to a grand jury, it should
have been dealt with by the sport.

VF

victoryfactory
11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
The guy could have told the truth or taken the 5th but chose to lie and should pay for it.

Use the courts for real criminals...
punish the sports dopers by banning them or suspending them from the sport.

VF

MassBiker
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
The guy knew lying to a grand jury was illegal but he did it anyways....good riddance.

:beer:

Viper
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM

He's in trouble for juicing, he's in deep sh*t for lying about it. It's another case of the lie exceeding the crime. Baseball is part of Americana and I for one am thrilled at the latest news of BB.

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
That's my point. This kind of stuff should not get to a grand jury, it should
have been dealt with by the sport.

VF

. . . but the sport has already shown that they can't or won't deal with it. There's just too much greed and too many FRN's in profits at stake for them.

Their glaring inability to deal with it should cause much more embarrassment than bond's act of perjuring himself--oh, excuse me, his alleged act of perjuring himself! I find it so ironic that pro cycling tries to clean up it's act and gets so much sh*t flung at it, while sports like baseball and football implement "programs" that are such a see-through joke and almost nobody sys "boo" about it . . . :butt:

BBD

Sandy
11-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Agree with that. I would certainly hope that he was told clearly, by his counsel, what the consequences could be for lying. He must take responsibility for it. It was not a very wise thing for him to do, assuming that he was lying.

Sandy

Tom
11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
So, I guess lying's no big deal. People have had their sentences commuted about lying the country into a war, right?

Viper
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
So, I guess lying's no big deal. People have had their sentences commuted about lying the country into a war, right?

All depends on what the word 'is' means. :)

BB FTL

DukeHorn
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Clinton lied about having sex with an intern and he gets impeachment proceedings against him. Martha Stewart lied and gets thrown in jail.

I'm pretty sure Barry knew the full consequences of lying under oath.

I'm perfectly happy going after "white collar" criminals. They get off pretty light for how much they hurt people (Enron, Tyco, etc.)

Viper
11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Clinton lied about having sex with an intern and he gets impeachment proceedings against him. Martha Stewart lied and gets thrown in jail.

I'm pretty sure Barry knew the full consequences of lying under oath.

I'm perfectly happy going after "white collar" criminals. They get off pretty light for how much they hurt people (Enron, Tyco, etc.)

Don't do the crime of you can't do the time. Keep your eye on the Sparrow!!!

Listen to Sammy's speech while over a pitcher of wine and three packs of cigs...he sounds like Bono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C2Db_Wajas

gdw
11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
"So, I guess lying's no big deal. People have had their sentences commuted about lying the country into a war, right?"

Libby, Stewart, Clinton, etc lied and paid for it so Bonds should as well.

PS - No offense but you need to get your facts straight.
Scooter Libby's crimes were committed during the investigation of the leaking of Valarie Plame's CIA employment. He didn't do any time but still had to pay a $250,000 fine and has two years of supervised release and 400 hours of community service still to serve. Bonds will probably get a similar sentence.

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2007, 04:11 PM
. . . about Bonds in the NY Daily News . . .

"'Roid To Ruin" on the front page. "The Lyin' King" on the back page.

Priceless!

BBD

ButtedMoron
11-16-2007, 09:23 PM
has special anti-trust exemptions from the govt they fall under the govts watch

Baseball went on strike, America lost its interest

Juice Fed, Long Ball, Home Run derby chasing the records saved baseballs azz

baseball didn't do anything about it because it was putting people in the seats

all those gents who were called to the grand jury were offered immunity of some sort if they fessed up.

the ones that lied are getting hosed

Scooter Libby - $250,000 K for obstructing the leak of a covert, Iran WMD watching CiA agent during wartime seems pretty light

anyone involved should have been given a blindfold and a smoke