PDA

View Full Version : White Industries

alembical
11-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I am contemplating a new single speed wheel for cross which has a White Industries hub. Long time ago, I had a White MTB hub and was not unhappy with it, but I thought I would ask the collective wisdom here for your thoughts.

Any experiences, horror stories, good comments, vibes, things to watch out for, or anything else I may not be thinking of?

Thanks in advance, Alembical

e-RICHIE
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
that name could possibly offend atmo.
it's all so very The Boys from Brazil.

fiamme red
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
that name could possibly offend atmo.
it's all so very The Boys from Brazil.http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/books/14levin.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

e-RICHIE
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
sure - blame me atmo.

roman meal
11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
e-richie- all- I’m not going to sit here silently and let it go when blatantly perjorative tems are used that are likely to offend and steer people away from participating here. It’s Serotta’s forum, not ours, and everyone should be welcome to enter and participate without having to be offended. And just as in the real world when you’re speaking in a public place, you may tone down your rhetoric a bit in the interest of common courtesy.

White Industries? Industries of color? I'm offended. James? Peter? Andrew? Err, I mean James and Peter?

e-RICHIE
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
atmo -

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/images/Free%20Huey(d).JPG

dvancleve
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a rear wheel I bought cheap on eBay that has one of the old big diameter White cassette hubs. I rebuilt the wheel because it was apparently laced by an inebriated monkey (doesn't anyone care if the hub logo lines up nicely with the valve hole?) and I could see that the chain had been jammed into the outer DS spokes more than once. Anyway, the pawl springs were kinda mangled and there was some o-ring that was cracking in there as well. The sent me replacements gratis and no questions asked. Then early this year I squashed one of the replacment pawl springs ham fisting the cassette body back on and once again they sent me new ones for free. I forget her name, but the lady was very nice when I asked her about a 165mm 38T crank/chainring setup an NAHBS. She said no problem, even though it isn't one of their normal combos (it would be the road arms with the MTB/SS chainring.

Doug

fiamme red
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I rebuilt the wheel because it was apparently laced by an inebriated monkeyYou really should be more sensitive to the monkeys on the forum. :)

PaulE
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I have a set of road wheels built with White Industries hubs. By describing the issue to her in an e-mail, Lynette at White Industries was able to diagnose a noise coming from the rear wheel that no one else could. She also sent me the parts and instructions I needed that enabled me to fix the hub and stop that noise permanently. While her initial diagnosis was correct, she was prepared to help further if that didn't solve the problem and also gave me the option of sending my wheel to them for repair. Based on this experience, I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

And the hubs have a beautiful polished silver finish to boot, but are also available in black (but not white). :)

Len J
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
e-richie- all- I’m not going to sit here silently and let it go when blatantly perjorative tems are used that are likely to offend and steer people away from participating here. It’s Serotta’s forum, not ours, and everyone should be welcome to enter and participate without having to be offended. And just as in the real world when you’re speaking in a public place, you may tone down your rhetoric a bit in the interest of common courtesy.

White Industries? Industries of color? I'm offended. James? Peter? Andrew? Err, I mean James and Peter?

You guys just have to rub it in, don't ya'. :rolleyes: :p :no: :D :butt:

OK, I'll stop taking myself so damn serious......are you happy now?

Len

Fixed
11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
got a :banana:

grease monkey
monkey wrench

ape is a better term imho cheers

ButtedMoron
11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
you are obsessed with things lining up yet you ham fist things to the point of needing replacement parts. Sounds as if your standards far exceed your abilities

Have owned plenty of White Stuff, never complained. Saw Doug at InterBike told him I had one of the Limited edition Signed and Numbered Red Ano Cranksets. He was shocked, I guess they were all 'sposed to be in Japan.

Tis a sweet Crank and red like Twizzlers. Have a matching set of red Spooky's and King HS. gonna make a sweet retro crosser

e-RICHIE
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Have owned plenty of White Stuff, never complained.

atmo -

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/John-Belushi---College-Poster-C12044867.jpeg

ButtedMoron
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
good catch

where did it all go and why is my nose always sniffly atmo

Fixed
11-15-2007, 03:08 PM
not here bro
cheers

jhcakilmer
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
man, some of these threads can really get off topic, can't they..... ;) ?

Fixed
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
sorry

alembical
11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Looks like I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Alembical

e-RICHIE
11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Looks like I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Alembical
that offends me atmo -

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/CSF/220-340~Roy-Rogers-Posters.jpg

Ahneida Ride
11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Got White Racer X Hubs ......No Problems .....

Front hub needed a little grease after 2K miles. That's it.

Ligero
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
doesn't anyone care if the hub logo lines up nicely with the valve hole?

I do! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ligerowheels/406413819/

dookie
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
my eno eccentric is the bees' knees!