PDA

View Full Version : Fenders

Ozz
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm looking for some fenders for my Legend....are the SKS Raceblade Road Fenders any good?

What other options are available for ease of installation and removal?

Thanks.

FWIW - Colorado Cyclist has the Assos FI.13 bibshorts on sale for $239....just saying.

sg8357
11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
This is the Serotta forum, so the correct answer is a new Serotta with Gilles Berthoud fenders permanently mounted.
Mud flap with Ti mud flap girl available from the Serotta special projects office.

OP, the race blade rear is OK, the front is lame, your feet still get soaked.
I haven't tried it but, if you could put the rear fender on the front with
a mud flap, that would work better. The guy behind you is still going to
get sprayed, neither fender is long enough to prevent that.

Scott G.

Too Tall
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm looking for some fenders for my Legend....are the SKS Raceblade Road Fenders any good?

What other options are available for ease of installation and removal?

Thanks.

FWIW - Colorado Cyclist has the Assos FI.13 bibshorts on sale for $239....just saying.
Race Blades are a joke.

I've got SKS plastic fenders on my Ti Legend using the now hard to find River City Reach Arounds. They take about 10 mins. to install or remove once you do the initial setup. There is not a better solution for full coverage fenders.

PoppaWheelie
11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I have Raceblades on my winter bike, but I made flaps from a black vinyl sheet (mounted with some very s.s. small nut/bolts) that increase the reach and coverage immensely...as such they work fine. You won't win any style points, however....