PDA

View Full Version : Waterford R-33

Miranda
07-24-2004, 05:17 AM
It seems like many members of this board have a collection of very nice premium roadbikes. I was just curious. Has anyone checked out, ridden or own a Waterford R-33 in either track or road version?

Thank You!

Miranda

dbrk
07-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Ourpal dnovo has an R-33, I believe. I have two Waterfords: an older 1200 (on loan to a pal) and an RST-22 that's custom, painted in the black and charcoal Anniversary scheme with the HJ stainless lugs.

I will be entirely candid here. I love the way the Waterfords ride. I think the paint quality is not nearly as good as what we find on other small production company bikes made in America, such as IF or Serotta. I would have my RST-22 repainted but for the crazy cost of dealing with the stainless lugs again. Some say that the air-hardened steel is harsh but that's not my experience with this bike, the ride is excellent.

dbrk

dnovo
07-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Douglas is correct, I do have one of these in the fleet. I bought it very, very cheap as a complete bike on dealer closeout at the end of the year. Its, well, okay. Yes, I do find the ride a bit harsher than I would expect from steel, no, it is not 'objectionable' but if it had not been as cheap as it was, I would not have bought it. Dave N.