PDA

View Full Version : Seat Angle Ottott

mso
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm looking at a used Ottrot ST custom but question the following:

STA - 72 I currently have a 74 on my stock Ottrott. 72 seems pretty laid back more set up for comfort/touring?

CS - 42 - Again a little long, however, this is a small 52 compact frame and I've this little longer chainstay on other small frames. I believe it might have to do with the wheelbase.

The only reason I'm considering this frame is that its an ST which I just like the look of better (the carbon backstays). I've read all the decisions on the board regarding non ST vs ST and it seems the only slight advantage might be desending and conering which my non ST does just fine, so not a selling point for me. I just like the LOOK :)

Also owner does not know anything about stiffness and nothing is noted on buildsheet.

Pete Serotta
11-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I would call Kelly or Steve with the serial ## of your current frame and the serial # of your new one and let then give an educated view of what you might experience as a difference in ride.....

PETE

mso
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I sent an email...Thanks Pete

morty
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Make sure you can fit a 72* without throwing off your weight distribution. I bought a secondhand bike with a slacker STA and had to use a zero-offset seat post and longer stem to get my position correct over the BB, which put my weight too far forward for optimal handling. It was a nice bike, but I ended up selling it.