PDA

View Full Version : Training and Racing with a Power Meter

theprep
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know the latest publication date of the Hunter Allen and Andrew Coggan book noted above?

There are 2 covers shown on-line. One with a T-Mobile rider and one with a guy on a Litespeed.

I am trying to purchase the newest one with some $ I have in my Paypal account.

Also, what is the latest version of the Cycling Peaks software I should be looking for?

thanks,
Joe

Climb01742
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
my copy that i bought maybe a month ago has the litespeed dude on the cover.

labratmatt
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, just got a copy last week that had the dork on the litespeed. Anyone else notice that his SRM doesn't have a cable attached to it? Ha.

Matt

Too Tall
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Pretty sure they are exactly same content. If any doubt I can check with Sir H. for you?

ThePrep - there is a new version of WKO about to release...hang tight. Some cool new features worth waiting for.

bocarider
11-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I use it a lot, but you have to get Cycling Peaks for your PM data to be comprehensible.

theprep
11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
ThePrep - there is a new version of WKO about to release...hang tight. Some cool new features worth waiting for.

Thanks for the replies guys.

TT - How long should I wait? I was hoping to start using the software this winter.

rinconryder
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, just got a copy last week that had the dork on the litespeed. Anyone else notice that his SRM doesn't have a cable attached to it? Ha.

Matt

He was testing the prototype wireless version :cool:

Too Tall
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
We get early release of the software this week with release scheduled shortly after to the best of my knowledge. Also, FWIIW I chatted with SRM folks in Boulder about wireless and they said "we have the techs chained to their desks" ;) The Boulder guys say wireless is working great...the only hold up is to nail communication with Garmin which is not 100% yet however they sound confident.

ada@prorider.or
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM
i do not know the problem
srm has wireless since 1993
built in the bikes and sent to trainers on the track sitting on the side

rinconryder
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
good point. They have been using wireless feeds for some time now. But was it going to the computer first via wire first and then to the data feed? Regardless, there has not been a wireless version that I know of (non powertap) until now as SRM is apparently going to release a wireless version. should be $$$$$$$ though.

Too Tall
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
i do not know the problem
srm has wireless since 1993
built in the bikes and sent to trainers on the track sitting on the side
Can you pls. travel post haste to Boulder and straighten them out than?
TIA

swoop
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
i think getting the info from the head-unit wired to a transponder on the seatpost to transmit to a laptop is a different set of isses than getting the hub to communicate to the head unit sans wires.

don't you?

Grant McLean
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
i think getting the info from the head-unit wired to a transponder on the seatpost to transmit to a laptop is a different set of isses than getting the hub to comunicate to the head unit sans wires.

don't you?

yes, and a question of battery power too.
I don't think people want a seat bag full of batteries
as a trade off for wireless.

Count me in when they get there....

-g

ada@prorider.or
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
good point. They have been using wireless feeds for some time now. But was it going to the computer first via wire first and then to the data feed? ugh.

no its was straight from srm build in unit to wireless computer

see the old FES bike s with build in wireless srm
hence even greg lemond was one of the very first when prototype was introduced
at his house in belgium as i remember right