PDA

View Full Version : Fierte Ti 2006 vs 2007

covrc
11-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi All,

New to the forum and happy to see such experience and knowledge to draw upon.

I am looking to see what the consensus is on the 2006 Ti Fierte vs the new 2007 version of it.

I am looking at a 2006 but have not done well finding out information about the transformation from the carbon seat stay to the carbon TT and DT.

The whys and the performance difference is what I am interested in.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks, covrc

KeithS
11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Can't give you a comparison other than a comparison to the steel Lemond I came off of. Liked that bike too. I have an '07, carbon fiber seat stay, TT and DT. I really like it. Can't compare it to any other configuration for you. Fast, responsive, climbs like a dream, and according to Bicycling Magazine it's the 2007 best plush bike.

Best ride I ever owned, looks great too.

kgreene10
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi coverc: The Fierte Ti has carbon seat stays only and the Fierte IT has carbon seats stays, down tube, and top tube. They are both very comfortable, but the IT is noticeably stouter. I would describe the Ti as the bicycle equivalent of a 1970s Caddy -- super-plush. The IT is stiffer, has more zipp, and snappier power transfer. You pay the premium for the extra carbon of course. Also, the Ti was discontinued for the 2008. I hope that helps.

-Ken

Cinci Jim
11-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi coverc: The Fierte Ti has carbon seat stays only and the Fierte IT has carbon seats stays, down tube, and top tube. They are both very comfortable, but the IT is noticeably stouter. I would describe the Ti as the bicycle equivalent of a 1970s Caddy -- super-plush. The IT is stiffer, has more zipp, and snappier power transfer. You pay the premium for the extra carbon of course. Also, the Ti was discontinued for the 2008. I hope that helps.

-Ken

+1 on the IT being stiffer -

I have the IT and the Ti -

I'm still trying to figure out the IT - Quite stiff but with an upright ride?