PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable PMC donation

Bruce K
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Last night was the check presentation to Dana Faber Cancer Institute here in Boston from the 2007 Pan-Mass Challenge.

This year 5000 riders plus a bunch of Kids PMC events raised.....

$33,000,000.00

That's right....

$33 MILLION DOLLARS

COngrats to anyone and everyone who rode, volunteered or donated to this amazing event.

I am proud to say the The Serotta Forumite Team raised just over $79,000.00 towards this amount.

Plans are still in the works as to whether we will have a V2.0 of the team. Keep an eye on the forum for news.

Registration starts in early January for the 2008 event. Check out the web site at www.pmc.org

BK

Steve D
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
As a 10 year PMCer, I always look forward to the check presentation wondering how much will actually be raised. $33 Million? That is awesome!

Ever more amazing is that 100 cents of every dollar goes to the charity. Amazing!

BURCH
11-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't follow total funds raised for charity events, but that seems extremely good. Congrats to all those who worked hard to achieve that much money.

Bill Bove
11-09-2007, 03:13 PM
That's an average of 6,600 per rider.

That's pretty good.

That's :banana: :banana: :banana: worthy.

Fixed
11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
there are a lot of generous cats here with big wallets and even bigger hearts imho
cheers to you bros :beer:

ClutchCargo
11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
especially considering that their previous record (I believe) was ~$25 million
and this year the goal was $27 million. The PMC is the largest single event
contributor to the Jimmy Fund, which is set up to fund the Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute. Through extensive use of donated materials and services
and volunteerism, over 99 cents of every dollar donated goes directly
to the Fund. It's a great cause -- I've done it the past six years and look
forward to it every year.

Congrats to all who participated as a rider, volunteer or source of donations!

:beer:

Ride on!!

myette10
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
... how they manage to get to exactly $33 million? What are the chances that when you add all those donations up it totals $33,000,000.00? I assume there are a few big sponsors (corps and individuals) that agree to split the balance of between the actual amt raised and next whole million.

Bruce K
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Matt;

The donation check has always been a round amount.

The reason the PMC was/is able to donate 100% of all rider funds raised is due to the large amount of corporate sponsorship, in kind donations, and service donations coupled with rider registration fees. These are used to provide the food, water, sag support, transportation, police details, rider jerseys, staff salaries, organizational expenses, etc.

In addition the various Kids PMC events, and other fundraising events and sales of merchandise add to the mix.

I am sure that the total raised by riders was not exactly $33 Million but each year they round off using excess funds from this other pool of money.

BK

imm
02-16-2008, 10:09 AM
PMC's 990 and, other info, can be found by looking here. (http://www.pmc.org/donation.asp?topic=/taxid)

barry1021
02-16-2008, 12:06 PM
20% of the annual Dana Farber budget, raised in three days....If there is a more amazing fund raising anywhere in the world, I haven't seen it yet....

b21

Sandy
02-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Each life is lived only once. As we get older and reflect upon how we have lived our life thus far, undoubtedly many of us, probably most of us, wish that we had done some things differently. I know that I do. When we depart this place, a significant question is what genuinely positive acts have we done for others- selfless, caring, kind, giving types of acts. You have helped so many by your kind and giving charity work- the hours spent and the dedication. You will leave this place a better place. Many of us cannot say that. You have my utmost respect and admiration for your kind, generous, and giving acts. Class in a most special way.

Sandy

Len J
02-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Last night was the check presentation to Dana Faber Cancer Institute here in Boston from the 2007 Pan-Mass Challenge.

This year 5000 riders plus a bunch of Kids PMC events raised.....

$33,000,000.00

That's right....

$33 MILLION DOLLARS

COngrats to anyone and everyone who rode, volunteered or donated to this amazing event.

I am proud to say the The Serotta Forumite Team raised just over $79,000.00 towards this amount.

Plans are still in the works as to whether we will have a V2.0 of the team. Keep an eye on the forum for news.

Registration starts in early January for the 2008 event. Check out the web site at www.pmc.org

BK

Bruce:

Thanks for posting this....& thanks for giving me the "Novice tour" of the PMC.....it was an awesome experience, I won't soon forget.

Len

Tom Byrnes
02-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Each life is lived only once. As we get older and reflect upon how we have lived our life thus far, undoubtedly many of us, probably most of us, wish that we had done some things differently. I know that I do. When we depart this place, a significant question is what genuinely positive acts have we done for others- selfless, caring, kind, giving types of acts. You have helped so many by your kind and giving charity work- the hours spent and the dedication. You will leave this place a better place. Many of us cannot say that. You have my utmost respect and admiration for your kind, generous, and giving acts. Class in a most special way.

Sandy

Very well stated, Sandy. Bruce K is certainly doing wonderful charitable work.

Tom

Bruce K
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Not sure what to say.....

I am humbled by the kind words.

Some folks here will understand when I say that it's a mitzvah and I can't really put it any other way or explain it further.

This year is dedicated to the Davis Phinney Foundation and it's work fighting Parkinson's Disease. 3 rides -ECV Metric (MA) in July, Copper Triangle in August (CO), and SUnflower Revolution in September (OH).

ANY of you are more than welcome to tag along.

I also plan to be at Hub on Wheels again this year.

Ride safe everyone.

BK

abqhudson
02-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Great work!

capybaras
02-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Great work!

+33M :banana: :banana: :banana:

paczki
02-18-2008, 04:14 PM
That's just fantastic :banana: :banana: :banana: