PDA

View Full Version : Who said the rest of the Tour would be boring? - Spoiler

Bruce K
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
After each Stage I ask myself, how could this get any better? And it does.

All I can say is WOW!

What do you do if you are any one of these other guys? Simoni's comments kind of say it all.

Is this getting to be one of the best TdFs ever?

BK

PS - I miss BBDave's pictures. I bet they would have been amazing from the last few days.

tom2517
07-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Lance has said he loves sprint wins more than solo wins, and his expression today said it all. In fact, I don't remember seeing his expressions so animated.

Dr. Doofus
07-22-2004, 10:47 AM
he seems like he wants to put the stamp on this win...was basso a stage for a contract???

won't happen, but i'd love to see an armstrong-ulrich 20k break on the 25th...a la hinault-zoetemelk....

Johny
07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Lance appears to be a super human... I would like to hear oppinions from physiologists...

Kevan
07-22-2004, 11:16 AM
it's funny that last year Lance was in yellow longer than he has been this year, but he and the boyz are having a far better tour this year. :rolleyes:

weisan
07-22-2004, 11:19 AM
For those of you who are wondering about that "sprint expression", here it is:

http://www.velonews.com/images/details/6638.8568.f.jpg

shinomaster
07-22-2004, 12:33 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

shinomaster
07-22-2004, 12:33 PM
I think Lance is clearly trying to clean up as much as he can in what could be his last tour. Why not go out on top? He has hinted that he may not ride next year. It would seem that he want to really kick ass and show who's boss.
Sadly though this tour lacks drama or any animation. It is exciting because Lance is winning.

That said, it is great to see Lance ride like a champ and kick ass!!

Ozz
07-22-2004, 12:37 PM
He's killing the field this year, and until someone puts together a team to stop Postal (Disccovery Channel), why stop?

The interesting thing will be if Eki comes along for the ride again at 39!!

alembical
07-22-2004, 12:39 PM
It does seem like Eki's role has been less this year than in the past. But I guess that is to be expected. I am not saying that he has done poorly or is not a strong rider (especially on the flats), but just that his impact this year seem less.

Alembical

Dekonick
07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Caption contest: (in BBD's absence)

What is Jan saying in the picture?

Bruce K
07-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Oops I did it again.

(Sorry Britney)

BK

Dr. Doofus
07-22-2004, 02:44 PM
you should be ashamed to make a britney reference

however, richard thompson does a killer cover of that song in his live shows, exploiting its modal structure and implied triplets to create a very medieval, andalusian-troubadour-sounding version

anyway, i think lance just wants to dominate for the sake of domination this year...winning in the style of merckx or hinault, just to show he can...he has the right combination of slow and fast twitch, ridiculous aerobic enzyme activity, and an iron will to do what he wishes...much like merckx. really, eddy, bernard, and lance are in a league of their own among tour riders, in terms of having the sheer animal hunger to win everything, and the right combinaton of explosive and endurance abilities to make that hunger manifest....

Russell
07-22-2004, 02:49 PM
It does seem like Eki's role has been less this year than in the past. But I guess that is to be expected. I am not saying that he has done poorly or is not a strong rider (especially on the flats), but just that his impact this year seem less.

Alembical

maybe he has been noticed less, because he has been so steady and not screwed up. still he is getting alittle long in the tooth.

Andreu
07-22-2004, 03:00 PM
The tour is boring.
Will Lance ride two gran tours next year or Paris Roubaix (or any other classic) + a gran Tour just to prove to the rest of the world he can do it (a la Hinault).....now that would be interesting!
Transformers ....Robots in disguise
A

tom2517
07-22-2004, 06:49 PM
I read somewhere that Eki won't come back next year, this is his last. He retired briefly before but USPS talked him out of it, this time though, I think in the article he said he has nothing to prove anymore.

As for Lance, I rememberd that someone mentioned he has to ride the tour for at least the next year? That it was part of the Discovery's contract? It makes sense, I don't think Discovery would spend money and not have the biggest American racer riding the TDF.