PDA

View Full Version : Postal Super Domestiques

bostondrunk
07-22-2004, 10:03 AM
I find it amazing that Postal has like 4 guys on their team that are able to completely shatter a pro peleton in the mountains by taking turns riding tempo. Thank god they are all clean........

Dr. Doofus
07-22-2004, 10:16 AM
pharmacology may indeed be an aid...but...

they aren't exactly your run-of-the-mill domestiques:

Azevedo -- former top-5 finisher
Hincapie -- I've heard and read Jonathan Vaughters call the guy one of the biggest motors in the pro peloton
Landis -- the equal of Leipheimer...maybe the equal of Tyler in a year or two
Rubiera -- reminds me a lot of claverolat...a guy who can fly up one mountain, but doesn't quite have the gas to fly up two...use him in the right spot, he can be very effective

tom2517
07-22-2004, 10:41 AM
pharmacology may indeed be an aid...but...

they aren't exactly your run-of-the-mill domestiques:

Azevedo -- former top-5 finisher
Hincapie -- I've heard and read Jonathan Vaughters call the guy one of the biggest motors in the pro peloton
Landis -- the equal of Leipheimer...maybe the equal of Tyler in a year or two
Rubiera -- reminds me a lot of claverolat...a guy who can fly up one mountain, but doesn't quite have the gas to fly up two...use him in the right spot, he can be very effective

Regarding to Landis, rumor has it that he is leaving, and today, Ligget said USPS, Discovery Team or whatever the new team will be called, has offered Leipheimer a contract, to replace Landis perhaps?

geezohwiz
07-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Regarding to Landis, rumor has it that he is leaving, and today, Ligget said USPS, Discovery Team or whatever the new team will be called, has offered Leipheimer a contract, to replace Landis perhaps?

I'd love to see what Floyd Landis could do as the successor to Lance on the Discovery team. Does he have the TT ability and stamina/recovery capabilities to be a serious contender in the years ahead? I think that it's becoming more important for an American cyclist to be riding on an American team if he is to have any success in the TdF or any of the other grand tours or classics.

tom2517
07-22-2004, 12:05 PM
I'd love to see what Floyd Landis could do as the successor to Lance on the Discovery team. Does he have the TT ability and stamina/recovery capabilities to be a serious contender in the years ahead? I think that it's becoming more important for an American cyclist to be riding on an American team if he is to have any success in the TdF or any of the other grand tours or classics.

I don't think Landis is leaving because he can win a TDF, I read somewhere that Landis think himself as more of a one day rider than stage racer, but as we all know Lance's team has only one goal in mind, and that is TDF. And even if the team goes to classics, they are there to help George or Lance, if he ever goes to Liege again.

So I will be very surprised if Landis leave because he thinks he can beat Armstrong.