PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Gear for school cycling Club

wrestlr
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Well after nearly a century of battle with my school's policies and administrators I have finally received the green light for establishing a cycling team/club this coming year here on campus. Having said that, I am really looking forward to the new year but I have also been "voted" as the foreman in the organization and practical existence of the program. Since I was elected to this position I have finally realized what a huge task is in my near future: recruiting more members, fundraisers, providing equipment to some, assisiting other riders, etc. etc. Basically I am now seeking an outlet for help and have gotten a few others to help me with the task.

One of the most important tasks for me is the issue of providing some with bikes and assisting the other riders will small repairs and parts. I have been scrounging through my gear and am even about to sell off some of my high-end gear in hopes to raise additional funding in an attempt to provide for the team.

This is where I am asking members of the forum for assistance. If you have ANYTHING cycling related that you wish to "donate" or sell for a low fee I would be most greatful. I am trying to build up around two or three bikes to have as "loaners" ( around 54,56,58 frames) and also have a short supply of parts for others to have access to. This is just as an attempt to immeditaley provide for the club and in the future when funds allow and sponsors are aligned, things will hopefully fall in place. So... please let me know if you have any gear that you dont want and I will pay for shipping and etc. Things like tires, tubes, components, frames (not that anyone gives away a frame), or any of your other gear would be appreciated. Please pass the word on as you feel appropriate. If this is not the appropriate place to make such a post I apologize in advance. Thanks. :)
-Mike

bob59
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Is your club set up as a 501(c)3 corporation, so that gifts will be tax deductable? I have some gear, but need the deductions.

wrestlr
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Oops...forgot to post information. I will check with the administration tomorrow about this. Thanks and I will update when I get the info.
-Mike

Frankwurst
11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Where are you located? I have things I'll donate if it's not unreasonable from a shipping standpoint. PM Me. :beer:

wrestlr
11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I am in Georgia right north of Atlanta. School is south of Atlanta and is Middle Georgia College.

Cdub
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I have some stuff i could send your way.

pm me the address.

do you need clothes, shoes, or just bike parts?

barry1021
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Is your club set up as a 501(c)3 corporation, so that gifts will be tax deductable? I have some gear, but need the deductions.

find out about this and I will have some frames and stuff

b21

gearguywb
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
shoot me an address...I am sure that I have a helmet or two along with some clothing and maybe a few parts.

wrestlr
11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. I am out of class for the day and am now trying to sort out the details on it being a write-off as we speak.
-Mike