PDA

View Full Version : Borah clothes

cpg
11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
A few weeks ago my family and I were visiting the SW corner of WI. In that area, Coon Valley to be specific, is a clothing manufacturer named Borah. Anyone tried there cycling shorts/bibs? I don't want to start a thread about how Assos is worth the loot and everything else sucks. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think. I think I'll order some because the bibs are quite reasonably priced. BTW that part of the state is beautiful. I kept wishing I had brought a bike along.

Curt

fstrthnu
11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
A few weeks ago my family and I were visiting the SW corner of WI. In that area, Coon Valley to be specific, is a clothing manufacturer named Borah. Anyone tried there cycling shorts/bibs? I don't want to start a thread about how Assos is worth the loot and everything else sucks. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think. I think I'll order some because the bibs are quite reasonably priced. BTW that part of the state is beautiful. I kept wishing I had brought a bike along.

Curt

Curt,

Mt. Borah supplied our clothes on KBS/Medifast this year. Everyone seemed to like the shorts and jerseys. I certainly did. They have my vote!

Justin

flydhest
11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Isn't he from Kazakhstan?

Too Tall
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Can I have a witness? Good one ;)

Interesting, never heard of them. Tell all.

cpg
11-08-2007, 02:25 PM

No but the company did supply Borat with his "swimwear." Just kidding.

All I know about the company is that they actually make their own stuff. A crazy antiquated business model that I find charming. I guess good enough for Spinelli good enough for me.

Curt

DfCas
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a jersey I got from the Type1rider.org forum,a forum for diabetic cycists. Its very nice and has a great feel.Highly recommended.

dan

don'TreadOnMe
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I've had some of their mtn bike shorts for years.
Great fit, wear like iron.

I'll have to check out their road duds.
Thanks for the thread!

Bill Bove
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I have a pair of their bibs, I wear them only when everything else is so dirty they stands up on they're own.
Current shop duds are from champion Systems, next batch will be from Canari.
Voler would get my business but their minimums are to high for now.

saab2000
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
BTW that part of the state is beautiful. I kept wishing I had brought a bike along.

Curt

You ain't kidding. It is the undiscovered gem of US cycling. Southwestern Wisconsin and the areas around Madison to La Crosse are exceptionally good for riding. It's like time has stopped there. But all the roads are paved. And very lightly travelled.

Sorry, don't know much about the clothing.....

stevep
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
. I kept wishing I had brought a bike along.

Curt

still waiting for yr frame curt?

manet
11-08-2007, 05:22 PM
still waiting for yr frame curt?

call j.greene you can be #7

zeroking17
11-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I've been wearing Borah's mtb shorts for years. Nice fit, comfortable, durable. Can't ask for more.

KeithS
11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
They did our club jerseys and bibs. Good stuff, great value. As Saab says, doesn't get much prettier, the adjacent area of IA and MN is really cycling friendly. Elroy/Sparta trail in WI. The area around Lanesboro MN...

saab2000
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
They did our club jerseys and bibs. Good stuff, great value. As Saab says, doesn't get much prettier, the adjacent area of IA and MN is really cycling friendly. Elroy/Sparta trail in WI. The area around Lanesboro MN...

Word. I went to school in Northfield and even there it was pretty good. But get over towards the river and it gets even better.

When I am in the Twin Cities I ride with my buds over through St. Paul and towards Stillwater. Across the river and all the roads that would be gravel on the MN side are paved on the WI side.

Nothing wrong with MN, I like it. But I think WI is even better.

Also, I have heard that the area down by the Quad Cities is super duper. H. Frank Beshear can tell us about that.

But yeah, that whole area is really great. Quiet roads with lots of turns and hills. And little traffic.

And the great thing is the most people think it's too cold to ride there. But really it is rideable for 10 months per year, sometimes more.

Some of my best riding memories come from the area from Madison up to La Crosse.

BumbleBeeDave
11-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I think you hit it. The team loves them!

BumbleBoratDave

KeithS
11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Saab2000 admitted...
I went to school in Northfield
Um! Yah! Yah!

Iowa is at the top of the list for paved roads to nowhere.

saab2000
11-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Um! Yah! Yah!

You guessed right!

zeroking17
11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Iowa is at the top of the list for paved roads to nowhere.

Hey, the unpaved roads here are where the real action is.

:beer:

KeithS
11-10-2007, 08:50 AM
It was easy, Carlton grads have people to ride for them.

No shortage of Oles in MN.