PDA

View Full Version : oneill gets bad news.

swoop
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
can't believe they popped nathan oneill for appetite supressants. i don't think you should ban a dude for trying to soothe hunger pangs and doing everything possible to stay skinny.

man.. tough sport. you gotta be able to suffer like an animal, survive crashes, make crap money, and starve yourself.. and that's just domestic racing.

i don't know how y'all do it.

frenk
11-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Apart the fact that I dislike oneill (because of that story when he walked away after running over a kid in Italy), Bernucci was sacked from T-Mobile for the same reason.

Bob Stapleton: "(..) But we know it is unacceptable that riders take any medication without the approval of the team doctor. It's a clear violation of our code of conduct and we act now on that basis."

It makes sense IMHO.

Ray
11-07-2007, 02:27 AM
can't believe they popped nathan oneill for appetite supressants. i don't think you should ban a dude for trying to soothe hunger pangs and doing everything possible to stay skinny.

man.. tough sport. you gotta be able to suffer like an animal, survive crashes, make crap money, and starve yourself.. and that's just domestic racing.

I don't know a lot about chemistry, but aren't appetite suppressants generally just one form of speed or another? If so, I can understand it. If not, I guess I'd need to understand what else the drug in question does.

-Ray

saab2000
11-07-2007, 05:58 AM

There's an iceberg here somewhere. Really think that it's just 'appetite supressants'? Also, do you feel the same way about Sinkewitz or even Rasmussen who never even tested positive for anything?

And don't sing the old 'poor boy, tough life' song and dance. Just like nobody is holding a gun to my head to earn crap money (yes, really crap money) flying for a regional airline, nobody is holding a gun to the head of these racers. At the end of they day they get to ride their bike for a living, but they don't have to ride their bike for a living. The mattress factories are all in China anyway.

Just sayin'.....

J.Greene
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Tough crowd

JG

MassBiker
11-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I always liked the guy as a racer (I don't know him personally) but if he knew they were a violation and took them anyways he got what he asked for unfortunately.

If he didn't know he probably should have done some investigating before he took them and that sucks!

:beer:

fstrthnu
11-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Sure would be nice to not be hungry all the time.
Just sayin'...

LegendRider
11-07-2007, 07:23 AM
How can a pro - in this day and age - put something into his system without FULL knowledge of the ramifications?!?! Doesn't O'Neill remember what happened to Moninger?

saab2000
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
How can a pro - in this day and age - put something into his system without FULL knowledge of the ramifications?!?! Doesn't O'Neill remember what happened to Moninger?

Bingo.