PDA

View Full Version : Physical Stats

jhcakilmer
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I've always thought my stats were a little abnormal, but I've really never compared with anyone.

My heartrate varies from resting (when I wake in the morning) in the upper 40s, and max is around 208 bpm. Also my vital capacity was measured at 6.5 liters.

I'm a pretty big guy (6'3" 215lbs, 12% BF), so it seems strange that my rate would be that fast for max, and over the past couple of years it has actually gone up, not down. My riding has stated about the same for the past couple years, but I've started running and swimming periodically as well.

Just wondering what others stats are?

regularguy412
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
My resting HR when I wake up in the morning is always higher than when I check it right before I go to sleep at night. I don't know why this is. Maybe I 'wake up' fast. The lowest I've ever known mine to be is 42 bpm. Typically, it's around 45 to 46 beats. I'm 5 ft 8 in and never had my capacity checked. My body fat is around 15% right now and was around 10% when I was racing. Weight 165 lbs.

When my resting HR gets to about 52 bpm, I know it's time to cut back on either intensity or duration and let my legs rest. My max is about 182 bpm on the bike. I've seen 179 on my HRM a few times this year at the end of town line sprints. Oh! and to comply with a suggestion from another thread: I'm 48 years old, as of this past October 4.

:D
Mike in AR

Viper
11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
S/W/C/M
Hetro
6'
185lbs.
Loves the Superfriends, Thundercats, G-Force, Miami Vice, Steel bikes, Belgian beers, Paulaner Hefeweizen, playing golf and watching women's beach volleyball.