PDA

View Full Version : TdF time trial-quote of the day

Needs Help
07-21-2004, 10:56 AM
"Bridge to boiler room, more power."

(Ivan Basso's thoughts as related by Paul Sherwin as Armstrong pulled along side Basso on the slopes of L'Alpe d'Huez.)

lol

93legendti
07-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Sherwin has used that before...

MartyE
07-21-2004, 11:08 AM
While I love the liggitisms etc. my favourite so far was posted
on cyclingnews.com's live feed:

As expected, Armstrong is absolutely flying. He passes the 9.5 km check in 23'28 (24 km/h). Crikey.

understatement?

Marty

flydhest
07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
yeah, that is a very well-worn phrase from the commentating duo.

alembical
07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I had posted this somewhere else, and it does not concern today's TT, but rather just a comment about Jan that I thought was great......from Pezcyclingnews.com re: stage 13 and Jan:

"Bottom line on this stage was that the Blue train left everyone again. Heras’ final destination might be Spain (Vuelta) and he’s just not worried about having a seat up front. Levi is a former employer of the Lance Armstrong express, but is simply riding one car behind. And Jan knows when and where the train is going, where all the critical stops are, and is a qualified Engineer. He just confuses the engine with the dinning car a little too long every year and spends too much time playing catch up instead of getting ahead…"

Alembical

ericmurphy
07-21-2004, 04:28 PM
While I love the liggitisms etc. my favourite so far was posted
on cyclingnews.com's live feed:

understatement?

Marty

Here was my favorite from Cycling News, commenting on Jan's use of TT extenders going up the hill:

"17:06 CEST Ullrich doesn't look any less comfortable on the bar extenders than he does normally. i.e. he looks like he's suffering like a dog."