PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to tell me about Tim Neenan?

Roni Solomon
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I came across one of his frames a few months back, and it was just this past week that I finally got all the parts I needed to make it road worthy. Needless to say, I'm pretty much in love with this bike. (But it's a shame that winter is so close.)

What brings me here is, well, I'd like to know more about Tim Neenan. The only background information I have on him is that he used to build for Specialized, then he built frames under the Lighthouse name before retiring. Is that the whole story, or is there more?

julia
11-04-2007, 11:56 PM
tim neenan's own brand was lighthouse. . .beautiful bikes. he was also a jewelry maker and is now a chef, lives in so cal outside santa barbara. . .just launched his own line of salsa. . .um, sorry, this is not so helpful is it?? he's a great guy. still has a shop at his house. steve can tell you more.

PacNW2Ford
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Maynard Hershon wrote a great essay on his experience with Tim Neenan and his Lighthouse bike in "half-wheel Hell & other cycling stories". The story is "Strada Model". I don't know if the book is still in print. It was published by VeloNews.