PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any Maytag repairmen here?

CNY rider
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Sure would appreciate any suggestions.

We have an 8 year old Maytag gas oven/stove.

All the electronics look fine; you can start the oven by setting a temperature and it will preheat just as it should.

It then cycles off (again as it should) but then never cycles back on again despite a falling temperature.

No gas odors noted.

Any ideas?

rwsaunders
11-03-2007, 07:21 PM
First rule in electronics....unplug the unit and let it sit for a minute or so. Reconnect and see what happens.

morty
11-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Our oven did something similar, then it just wouldn't turn on at all. It ended up being the igniter (the little ceramic box with two wires coming out of it) located in the bottom portion. It cost about $50 to replace. You also might want to check to see if one of the wires is loose.

Hope this helps :)

Blastinbob
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Same here, the igniter was working but weak. Replacing it took care of the issue.

BumbleBeeDave
11-03-2007, 08:39 PM
. . . a new bike. Then you will be out riding and won't be at home to be bothered by the stove problem.

Go for it. ;)

BBD

Larry8
11-03-2007, 09:41 PM
WWW.Appliancerepairclinic.com Online diagnostics, parts and repair advice.

--Larry

CNY rider
11-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I like BBDave's idea the best, and must admit I had not thought of it that way. I'll run it by Mrs. CNY and let you know what she thinks, if I'm still alive and able to communicate other than by blinking my eyes at that point. :eek:

Larry, I came across that site while googling and have sent them an email.

It does sound like an igniter issue which is cool because it sounds easy and cheap to fix.

Thanks again.

stevep
11-04-2007, 06:52 AM
i like bbd idea best.
why throw away $50 on an igniter when you could refocus and get a nice new bike for $7,500?
makes sense to me.

have dave call yr wife to explain.

you have a microwave already right? so use it.