PDA

View Full Version : It gets worse

Orin
11-03-2007, 12:54 AM
http://petermckay.blogspot.com/2007/11/not-typical-commute-home.html

Sandy
11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Extremely impressed by the remarkably calm manner in which he reponded during the entire ordeal. He consistently had the emotions of his family in mind as he proceeded.

Sadly, the perpetrator probably really enjoyed it and undoubtedly will do it again.

Sandy

link
11-03-2007, 05:46 AM
he's poised, loving and a hardman all in one ...the man dispensed no hatred for the assailants ...the man rode home wounded ...the man needed 2 xrays to capture all of his lung on film ...the man loves his family and they love him.

what next - kevlar jerseys?

weisan
11-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Our response is our responsibility. Peter-pal responded in a Christ-like manner.

Kevan
11-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I hope the news covering the extent of his wounds gets out to the community so maybe those bone-heads will think better of their actions.

gone
11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Sadly, the perpetrator probably really enjoyed it and undoubtedly will do it again.
Sandy
Yes, he no doubt thought it was "funny".

dannyg1
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, he no doubt thought it was "funny".

Where was this? I was commuting home through Roslyn, NY on Roslyn road, at around 7:30pm, Oct 31st when some kids in a white SUV threw a five pound block of ice at my head. The kid missed bit he hurled it with real force and it probably would've killed me as I was in traffic at the time (He left lane, me farthest right).

Danny

Fixed
11-03-2007, 05:06 PM
shoot back
cheers

Chris
11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
This happened to a friend of mine in college. Only it was a .22 rifle. He survived thanks to the goodwill of a passing motorist who threw him in the back of his car and drove him to the hospital while he bled all over the poor guy's car. A helicopter ride to a trauma center and emergency surgery and he made it. Fortunately they caught the guy and he is in prison now. Amazingly, at the trial, his brother threatened me in the hallway because we cyclists have no business being on the road anyway. True story.

BumbleBeeDave
11-03-2007, 05:38 PM
This happened to a friend of mine in college. Only it was a .22 rifle. He survived thanks to the goodwill of a passing motorist who threw him in the back of his car and drove him to the hospital while he bled all over the poor guy's car. A helicopter ride to a trauma center and emergency surgery and he made it. Fortunately they caught the guy and he is in prison now. Amazingly, at the trial, his brother threatened me in the hallway because we cyclists have no business being on the road anyway. True story.

. . . and the shop owner I bought my Vitus from in '84 told me at the time there were certain areas out in the sticks where he would carry a small pistol with him. I didn't believe him at the time but quickly learned there were indeed areas that were kind of, uh, shady. There was one road in particular--old Highway 51 that ran along the railroad tracks downstream from Keystone Dam--where there were frequently pickup trucks parked with people, er, doing things. Always best to speed up just a bit and keep on riding . . .

BBD

Orin
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Where was this? I was commuting home through Roslyn, NY on Roslyn road, at around 7:30pm, Oct 31st when some kids in a white SUV threw a five pound block of ice at my head. The kid missed bit he hurled it with real force and it probably would've killed me as I was in traffic at the time (He left lane, me farthest right).

Danny

Seattle area. Now written up in the local newspaper:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/338042_shot04.html

Orin.

thwart
11-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Great story---sounds like a relatively happy ending, luckily.

Sociopaths love publicity so the news articles probably won't help this much... hope they catch him before he strikes again.

And what would Forum members dole out for punishment?

tbushnel
11-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the post. I read this yesterday from the Cascade site. Scary stuff.

ted

konstantkarma
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Great story---sounds like a relatively happy ending, luckily.

Sociopaths love publicity so the news articles probably won't help this much... hope they catch him before he strikes again.

And what would Forum members dole out for punishment?

I think a typical felony handgun violation and attempted murder would carry a pretty stiff penalty. Jail time plus supervised probation?

BumbleBeeDave
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
. . . and gets caught, make him work as a bike messenger in downtown Seattle--12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

BBD