PDA

View Full Version : Happy 60th, dnovo

fiamme red
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Stop by once in a while. You are missed.

Sandy
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Stop by once in a while. You are missed.

He certainly is. He was a tremendous contributor to the forum. Contoversial to say the least. One of my favorites for sure. I miss dnovo too.

Sandy

Pete Serotta
11-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Sir David...You never made it to Raleigh and Mark and I had to drink the bottle of red that I had saved for us. Your knowledge and experiences are missed AS WELL AS YOU WIT ;) ;)

Happy birthday to a wonderful gentleman

Regards PETE

BumbleBeeDave
11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Wherever you are! . . . :beer: :beer: :beer:

BBD

Bruce K
11-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey Chomp (his sig was Chomp the Wonder Beaver), we miss yoose lots.

Come and visit once in a while.

Have a great day.

BK

shinomaster
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I miss seeing all of his lovely bikes. :beer:

J.Greene
11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Where is he? I get the feeling this is like a death in the family no one will talk about. I think it will be good for everyone if we get this out in the open.

JG

PBWrench
11-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Long-timers - remember when things got REAL ugly on the forum??

Ginger
11-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Long-timers - remember when things got REAL ugly on the forum??
Which time?

Happy birthday Mr. N! Hope you're putting many many miles in on the Lake Michigan shoreline!

BumbleBeeDave
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Where is he? I get the feeling this is like a death in the family no one will talk about. I think it will be good for everyone if we get this out in the open.

JG

. . . Sandy, Kevan, and Chomp The Wonder Beaver!

There were pictures. Serotta Allison was on vacation. They stayed posted for a week before the thread got locked. You don't want to see them.

Yes, it was U-G-L-Y . . . :eek:

BBD

Kevan
11-03-2007, 08:11 AM
that said...those photos were pretty ghastly.

I wonder if Dave has moved on into a different hobby. Wasn't he selling many of his bikes towards the end of his visits here?

HB-Dave

dnovo
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind words, and even for those that were a bit chiding. ("Controversial?" God, what an understatement, if I do say so myself.) Much thanks to Pete for the private note suggesting I might want to revisit this site for the kind wishes.

No, I am not dead, although I do have some opponents (and perhaps not a few of those I gored here in my "angry mood at Tewkesbury") who might wish it so, but the explanation is far more simple, if less dramatic:

I blew out a knee and had to take a forced one year hiatus from biking and a second year of 'light duty' that went poorly at first, and required a second year off. I have been back to daily riding since July and am now trying to get rid of the extra weight I put on while spending time on my fat butt.

Didn't post while I was 'off' as it was too painful to be involved in posting where I on the sidelines in an activity I loved and still cherish. Kinda got out of the habit since then. And yes, I did sell off some bikes, but still have most of my collection, including my Confente.

In any event, thanks again for the kind words. Dave (aka dnovo)

djg
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Dude, if you've got one bike left and the knee lets you turn the pedals, you're a cyclist -- glad to hear that things are looking up a bit.

Happy birthday.

ButtedMoron
11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
you can order your Sachs now annd have it when you retire

dnovo
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks, but I already have Sachs, sometimes, even with my wife. Nyuk, Nyuk Nyuk. (Sure you guys really want me back around?) Dave

Kevan
11-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks, but I already have Sachs, sometimes, even with my wife. Nyuk, Nyuk Nyuk. (Sure you guys really want me back around?) Dave

nyuk...nyuk.

H.Frank Beshear
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM
We'd glad to have you around Dave. The girls and still enjoy the telescope you helped in recomending. It's fun to be able to show people the rings of Saturn. Welcome back and Happy belated birthday. Frank

Bruce K
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
You better believe we want you back around.

Who else am I going to have to be able to discuss the finer points of Catrhams vs "real" Super 7's? Capt. Kirk is cool and all but still, more than one opinion is a good thing.

BK

dnovo
11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
We'd glad to have you around Dave. The girls and still enjoy the telescope you helped in recomending. It's fun to be able to show people the rings of Saturn. Welcome back and Happy belated birthday. Frank

Just don't show them Uranus. Dave (ca ching!)

David Kirk
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome back old friend. I hope you are well.

Dave

gt6267a
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
And yes, I did sell off some bikes,

so, there was a selling of bikes Just My Size and I missed it? For the love of g-d what couch was I sleeping on without an internet connection?

anyhoo, nice to see you back. i always enjoyed your posts. of course, there goes getting a good deal on anything in a 53, but your worth it.