PDA

View Full Version : PM Spam?

Keith A
11-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Did anyone else get a PM Spam message today? Seems like the Spammers are trying a new method to get their garbage out :crap:

For the moderators, the user name that sent the Spam is shohobanvarsd.

BumbleBeeDave
11-02-2007, 06:02 AM
. . . that would be pretty labor intensive to send PM's to everyone on the board, though I suppose some sort of software could be set up to do it automatically. I didn't get any unusual PM's--aside from the 3 or 4 requests I get each week to stop posting and go somewhere else . . . :crap: ;)

BBD

Keith A
11-02-2007, 06:04 AM
I think it would have to be automated, which is why I was curious to see if anyone else got Spammed.

Serotta_Janelle
11-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I was cordially invited to compare credit card rates, however, I chose to decline the invitation.

Keith A
11-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Yep, that is the one :)

BumbleBeeDave
11-02-2007, 07:34 AM
I have been the Bank Sandycard for the past few years and it has worked well for me. The interest rate is a bit high--38% compounded semi-hourly . . .

But the customer service is great. Sandy personally comes to my house to answer questions and always brings tuna sandwiches.

BBD

Avispa
11-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I didn't... My mail program has a pretty good junk filter... And my ISP is also good, so I am down to almost 99.9% spam free.

At work, I manage e-mail among other things, and I have them pretty secure too. ;)

..A..

Keith A
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Ruddy -- This was a Serotta "Private Message", not a personal email...so jumk email filters wouldn't have any affect on this.

PaulE
11-02-2007, 10:06 AM
I meant to send it to Serotta Andrew but I'm pretty sure I forgot to and deleted it. It was a one-time thing, haven't had one since.

Pete Serotta
11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
I use APPLE and SAFARI.....no spam :D

Avispa
11-02-2007, 02:11 PM
This was a Serotta "Private Message", not a personal email...so jumk email filters wouldn't have any affect on this.

Ahhhh.... No, I did get one of those either!

..A..

jimcav
11-02-2007, 02:19 PM
because that might help me sell my wheels--maybe not all forumites are looking at the classifieds.

but seriously, i have no such PMs, but i do love to get credit cards with low introductory rates--every year i do just that, move stuff, close stuff--it is how i fuel my cycling habit. it has been so good recently--several companies offering zero % for a year, so i have carried a balance and made no dent in it, then moved it to another--yes i know this is of no benefit eventually--but short term there is a serotta in my garage.

happy riding

jim