PDA

View Full Version : putting the baby down

bironi
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
This has been my fixed gear bike for ~2 seasons. I loved this bike. It handled perfectly. Now I must put it to rest, or pay way beyond reason to bring it back to life. I crashed it dead on into a high chain link fence gate at about 20mph. It was dark, and I had no inkling of what I was encountering at the moment of impact. The results were a crimped tt, dt, fork legs. I got this beauty here on the forum for $250 with Record bb & hs. The frame needed a little tweaking from a local master, but once it was straight it was one hel of a great ride.

I am looking for help with a replacement of similar breed/performance. I know I am begging in the land of giants, but here are the basic tube lengths" I was told that the design was based on Masi, and the first Medici's captured the character of the Masi's of old.

Hey, maybe I got my once in a lifetime deal on this baby, and then killed it, but I am hoping there is a ride out there in the same company.

ST 5.5 c-t-c
TT 52.5 c-t-c

Thanks much,
Byron :beer:

Fixed
11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
bro a fence took 3 front teeth here... glad you are okay take your time you'll find what you want
cheers

coylifut
11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
oohhh, that was a nice ride. at least it expired in the line of duty.

roman meal
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I crashed it dead on into a high chain link fence gate at about 20mph. It was dark, and I had no inkling of what I was encountering at the moment of impact. The results were a crimped tt, dt, fork legs.
Byron :beer:

Sounds like some "gentle patina". put it on ebay.

:no:

saab2000
11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
It'll buff out. Keep riding.

bironi
11-04-2007, 10:33 AM
My local frame builder says he can repair the Medici, so I am going for it. I trust he can bring the ride back that I love so much, and this gives me a good excuse for a new shiney coat of paint. :beer:

dvancleve
11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear you are going to fix it. I was going to ask what is beyond reason? If you compare only to used bargains, then frame repair is expensive. If you compare a now good as new bike that you love to a reasonably similar new one, the cost isn't so bad...

Doug

My local frame builder says he can repair the Medici, so I am going for it. I trust he can bring the ride back that I love so much, and this gives me a good excuse for a new shiney coat of paint. :beer: